Author Topic: A nice little story...  (Read 790 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
A nice little story...
« on: 01 January 2011, 19:15 »
Well as some of you know my ps3 60gb version was acting like a pig... I then repaired the YLOD, but it didnt last long and died again the other day. Didnt see it as worthwhile opening it up to fix it again just for it to work for a week or so.

Anyway it was purchased from Costco when they first came out.. so I was in there the other day and asked one of the supervisors if they would exchange it. She checked the system and found i bought it in june 2007, well outside the 1yr warranty they offer.

Will a glum look on my face i said ahh dont worry about it then. SHe said let me check the system (now i do spend quite a bit of money there) she came back and said if i brought all the bits back she would exchange it for me!!!

Went home packed up the system, but couldnt get the game out.. but thought what the hell, cant beat a new system even if i do end up a game down. So took it back the same day just to ensure she was gonna be there.

Got to the counter and was asked if i wanted a credit on the account or cash?? well everyone knows that cash is king, so went with cash. She runs it through the till and hands me back £411!!!  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Chuffed to say the least... not sure what shocked me more. The fact that they took it back after nearly 4 yrs or the fact that i paid £411 for it in the first place!!  :huh:

Anyway i then went to the sales floor and picked up a 320gb slim ps3 for £265!!

RESULT i would say :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: A nice little story...
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2011, 19:23 »
:afro:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: A nice little story...
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2011, 19:35 »