Author Topic: My mk4 Golf Gti 1.8t  (Read 10169 times)

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Re: My mk4 Golf Gti 1.8t
« Reply #20 on: 05 February 2014, 19:34 »
Car is looking pretty sweet dude!
Bet it feels a lot better with the stage 1 map! Did they have any comment/recommendations for you?

I reckons you need to do something with the headlights next! Depo them or change then  :cool:

Gutted about the clocks! Sell em on and keep your eye out for some IMMO 3 ones  :cool:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 05 February 2014, 20:39 »
Cheers mate.Yeah I'm going to try sell them on.

No recommendations he just said see you for a stage 2 sometime! Then he said looks like you've got a nice healthy engine because of the figures it made stock, 10 mins later I pulled up because my water pump went and had to be towed alway down m1! :grin: Sorted now and I had a old clio courtesy car which made remap feel even better.

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 08 February 2014, 15:21 »

On the look out for ashtray, door handles and still after leather door cards too.

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 16 February 2014, 09:07 »

During bora vent fitment! Why do guides lie!

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 16 February 2014, 12:36 »

In and wired up, the one that you have to remove the glovebox to get to isnt working though, think I know why but I'll leave it for another day!

leather door cards and r32 handles are next in agenda, thought id found the ideal lot on ebay, all perfect apart from its for a 5 door, I was gutted. As much as I want them im not paying silly money just for handles!

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 15 March 2014, 17:18 »
Latest additions;

Clock fitting was a lot more complex and expensive that expected but luckily a guy called Tom (a3audi on mkiv.net) sorted it in the end, recommend him if you have any clock/key etc type issues, top guy.

Only problem is my boost gauge doesn't match now.
« Last Edit: 15 March 2014, 17:42 by Carl! »

Offline A3Audi

• Just got here
« Reply #26 on: 15 March 2014, 17:55 »
Thought I'd register to say thanks for that and nice car :D
I think you paid a little over the top for the clocks, but fitting wasnt too bad, just have to know how to use the tools correctly!

At least you can sell your old clocks, immo3, with SKC and lit needled and miles to empty enabled :D

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 15 March 2014, 18:42 »
Yes thanks Tom for sorting me out after the company I went to was unable to do it!  :smiley:

the lit needles look well when the light levels drop before dark.And as said ive got my old clocks with all this enabled. Just need to chase vag werkes up now after paying for things that werent activated/present.  :angry:

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 05 May 2014, 17:34 »
Wheels back on after running half these half rsii's! A lot better sized tyres now ive got rid of the 215/35 on 9.5" wide wheels!

I need to get some pics done on a proper camera rather than the phone.

Unsure what to do with my rsii's, think they might be worth too much to keep as a second set!
Also still after 3 door leather doorcards, an ali ashtray and a nicer gear knob!

Also vagwerkes came good in the end and refunded me 20 quid for the mess about with the clocks, probably one of my favourite mods after dark.