Author Topic: The ICE Bible  (Read 84325 times)

Offline danhock

• I live here
Re: The ICE Bible
« Reply #10 on: 27 August 2004, 09:45 »
Speakers :

Always make sure they are in phase!! The amount of times i've checked peoples systems and one or more speaker is wired up with the + attached to -

The speakers will work but the sound will be deadened due to the phases cancelling each other out....

Also, buy borrow or steal a sound meter, one that measures decibels.... You can then set the levels on the speakers correctly...

4 speaker setups.... Try to use the same type of speaker all round... They dont have to be exactly the same model but try and get from same manufacturer with same tweeter cone. This will give a smoother / balanced sound.

Subs..... Run from dedicated AMP if possible. If you can't make sure your AMP can handle 5 speakers at least and that each channel can be individually setup for Gain and Frequency blocking.

Don't mount in the Parcel Shelf!!!  Most speakers sound crap and loose bass if mounted directly into a parcel shelf. If you build them into an enclosure you'll get better bass response, you can even tune the bass sound depending on the size and shape of the enclosure and if it has a port (small hole to let air out).
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2004, 17:54 »
theres nothing wrong with mounting speakers on a parcel shelf as long as they are mounted on 18mm mdf

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2004, 17:56 »
True but you'll get a better bass response if they are in their own box...
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #13 on: 09 September 2004, 18:04 »
but if your that fussed you get a sub and thats the main source for your bassline ;)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #14 on: 10 September 2004, 15:01 »
Line the inside of your sub box with Dynamat and make sure you warm it up first. it'll bond to the inside then. After doing that I installed my sub again after leaving the volume set to a certain ammount and it was honestly twice as loud with the dynamat in there.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline Hedfree

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 03 December 2004, 23:40 »
RMS = routes means squared, (if its spelt like that :undecided:)

ignore peak power its b@ll@x, rms is the key,

Splx is crap! 

always, always make sure that your using the right fuse for the job, i found out the hard way :cry: (3 V12's fried)

stu

Mk2 2.0 8v GTI, nicely modded with original vag parts

Offline stuart86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 15 February 2005, 18:55 »
alpine and jl are not the be all and end all of car audio
when looking at serious bass in terms of subs, if you have the money i would recomend brands such as orion xxx
if you are using a single amp to only run a sub it is better advised to get a mono block amp rather than bridging (sp) a multi chanel amp

Offline Lewy

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 March 2005, 21:48 »
Dynamat, Dynamat, Dynamat!!

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #18 on: 02 March 2005, 21:52 »
don't under-estimate the pioneer DEH-77MP
it sounds awesome :grin:
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline stuart86

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 03 March 2005, 04:38 »
agreed, this is a good HU

altho for prefered sound i would recomend Nakamichi HU as these are better quality, altho they dont have your usual charachteristics (spelling) of max flower HU's they are well woth there cost

i currently use an alpine but am looking for a moterised moniter. (moniter HU are not recomended if you want good sound preformance, unless you individually amp all your speakers )