Author Topic: 7.5 Poor USB port - Android Auto disconnects  (Read 1296 times)

Offline danielbanks

• Just got here
7.5 Poor USB port - Android Auto disconnects
« on: 09 February 2019, 11:33 »
Right, I've owned my 7.5 GTI since July and been through a number of various cables for my S9+ OEM ones, ebay specials and yet the connection doesn't stay put! The cables need to be at a various specific angle for them to stay, but if I put my foot down or make a sharp turn the cable disconnects. I've never tried an Apple phone, but I might ask my daughter. Anyone else have the same problem. It's the only problem I've had with this car and it's such a silly issue. Not helpful on maps or when on Spotify!!

Thanks.

Dan B

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: 7.5 Poor USB port - Android Auto disconnects
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2019, 11:57 »
Hmm, how odd. Can't say I have this problem.

Are the connections nice and snug, or are they a little loose? Mine are quite snug and I have to pull at them with a moderate amount of force to pull them out.

As long as you're using decent quality cables (and it seems like you are) then maybe have a look at another car at your local dealer and see if they're the same. Did you buy the car brand new?
7.5 GTD

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2019, 12:35 »
Mines tight too, but I don’t use it that much because it cuts off Bluetooth (2 phones)

Offline danielbanks

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2019, 13:34 »
Yeah I am the only owner from new on a lease.

I just need to buy a bundle of cables and see what happens. If the problem happens with Apple then I know it's not my fault but will need to get VW to sort it. Tbf, I've never tried the phone without a case if that has something to do with it. Only one way to find out.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2019, 13:44 »
Are you saying it's the phone end that's not tight? The car connection is tight but it's the phone end that comes loose?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2019, 13:29 »
S9+ here but no problems at all.
Nice snug fit with a short cable I got from a power pack
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys

Offline danielbanks

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2019, 15:59 »
Im a douche. Tried a 3rd and final cable and it works like a dream. Not a clue why the other 2 didn't.