Author Topic: Anyone in Portsmouth, good at electrics  (Read 653 times)

Offline emery1990

• I live here
Anyone in Portsmouth, good at electrics
« on: 24 October 2010, 14:52 »
I dont want to ask for help, but |I think I might have to, Everyday Im thinking of just blowing my car up lol

I need to find about 3 feeds to give power to some thing, ie an ecu and my tps sensor. I just dont understand about where id get these from. I have jumped in the deep end with this project and wish I never done it!!!!

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
Re: Anyone in Portsmouth, good at electrics
« Reply #1 on: 24 October 2010, 21:17 »
for the m install you can pull everything out the fuse box more or less.

btw  you do not use TPS vref for the cranck sensor TPS vref is a 5 volt feed the vw cranck sensor requires 12v.

all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline emery1990

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 24 October 2010, 21:27 »
Is that on the engine loom side of the fusebox, or literally everything? Ive removed my isv wur and cut off valve. doubt ill put isv back on, just have to keep revs up for a while.

Havnt got a crank sensor im getting it through the dizzy, but ecu builder told me to take tps vref to the + terminal on the dizzy, which im confused about as it says on the instructions to take it too the tps, which seems right, and take tach signal to - terminal on the dizzy and every one else says. Once i know that for certain and where I can get power to the ms ecu from, itll be done near enough done.

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 24 October 2010, 23:49 »
if your using an ABF dizzy that won't work will with a 9a or kr one
but if you have an abf block ffs use the cranck sensor and internal trigger wheel

and your not going to like what i'm going to say now but it needs to be said.

FFS stop f**king about spliceing the ms loom into you old engine loom in the engine bay,  pull the bloody brake servo out and remove your old engine loom completly and use the fusebox plug off the end it makes life much much much easyer.

for an MS loom you only actuay need one big permant live and an ignition live. 
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline emery1990

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 October 2010, 18:56 »
 No I'm using a 9A engine with kr dizzy, and to get a crank sensor would of worked out too much money for what would only be a little benefit.

I dont know these things, my ecu builder told to put vref too the dizzy, and hasnt spoken to me since.

It does sound much easier what your saying about just stripping the whole loom out, but I havnt got the skills too just go out and do it( taking it out isnt the problem) just getting an ignition live to it its doing my head I hate sucking at things.

Permanent live comes from battery I know that, then where do I get an ignition live from (Will there of been one in the fuel pump relay I could use? I would say ignition barrel, but dont know if thats right, and then from there I can get live for injectors, and the ms and put my fuel pump wire into it yes?

Think the ecu builder got fed up with me, I only asked him how to get a live for my ms and injectors.

Sorry for being a pain.