Author Topic: New member - one or two issues with the car (thoughts please).  (Read 1503 times)

Offline CT Gti

• Just got here
Morning guys,

New member Chris here having bought a 14/64 Gti PP 5dr with Nav in white on Thursday.

It was a great price so I had to have it despite a few problems.

(1) The radio doesn't work though the CD - Nav etc does. Anyone have any ideas?

(2) Intermittent engine management light on.

(3) Front Santiago alloys require refurb - are these standard on a PP?

The car is booked in with my VW dealer on Tuesday as there are 2 weeks  left on warranty.

I love it though.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Hi CT, no idea about the first two, your dealer should hopefully sort those. Santiagos were an option of around £1k. As they are diamond cut I'd choose your refurber carefully. Are they that bad? Lepsons get recommended on here regularly and highly each time. Perhaps not local to you but they will arrange collection and return, worth considering, you want them done right first time! Oh, and welcome to the forum :smiley: Please join in at the MK7 section!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CT Gti

• Just got here
Great advice thanks. I'll check them out. Car booked in with my dealer on Tuesday. I'll keep you updated.

Offline CT Gti

• Just got here
Eml was an oxygen sensor which my dealer did under warranty.

Radio aerial wasn't connected to head unit - Doh!

Mot done for less than half advertised price.

Great service from my local dealer - Inchcape Bolton.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
At least you are getting things sorted. Odd the aerial wasn't connected, sounds like the unit has been out for some reason as I can't see it not having been noticed before given the age of the car. Perhaps the headunit has been replaced under warranty. Are you still getting your wheels refurbed?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.