Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316493 times)

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #30 on: 16 April 2013, 16:42 »
I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say that this will happen to all of us - clearly weeks 22-24 are being designated for demo cars, actual orders will be after that.  Which I actually think is wrong to be honest - an order is an order and customers should take priority over demo cars IMO.

When I placed my order, I specifically asked my dealer if I would be the first person to have the GTI from his dealership. He said yes. I said, even before the demo cars. He said yes, yours will be before the demo cars, yours will be the first one we get as you are our first order, simple as.

I hope you're right as this is exactly what I was told, and my order is the first this particular VW Group has had - he said it was VW policy with the GTI's to put the customer first ahead of demos - but I don't believe that for a second I'm afraid.  I hope I turn out to be completely wrong though!!

If I see a demo at the dealership before my car, I'm gonna kick up a fuss. I might even cancel my order and wait for the R, it does look awesome! Then again, I probably won't lol.

You might as well phone them up now and cancel

So you're saying that a demo car will definitely be there before mine?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 16 April 2013, 16:45 »
If I had to choose, I'd agree with evo1986 - no chance you'll get your car before they get their demo - this is my experience anyway....

*get ready to kick off*  :evil:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 16 April 2013, 16:57 »
If I had to choose, I'd agree with evo1986 - no chance you'll get your car before they get their demo - this is my experience anyway....

*get ready to kick off*  :evil:

Well I would have not minded if he had just told me that plain and simple. I'll visit him tomorrow to see what's what. Thing is, if I get my car 1st week of August or last few days of July, it makes no sense to take it before the new "63" reg.

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 16 April 2013, 17:25 »
When I placed my order I was told by the sales exec to expect the car end may, early June...
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline dirvy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 16 April 2013, 17:36 »
My experience with ordering, is that we know more than most dealers did re prices spec, order dates etc.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 16 April 2013, 18:07 »
My experience with ordering, is that we know more than most dealers did re prices spec, order dates etc.

Totally agree. The dealer I use was actually pretty clued up but I visited a different one & he literally didn't have a clue, I was actually embarrassed for him.

ROO1 - he's telling you porkies, they don't start making them for the general public until the end of May!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 16 April 2013, 18:21 »
Don't worry! They'll be here sometime this year! :evil:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline ROO1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #37 on: 16 April 2013, 19:53 »

Totally agree. The dealer I use was actually pretty clued up but I visited a different one & he literally didn't have a clue, I was actually embarrassed for him.

ROO1 - he's telling you porkies, they don't start making them for the general public until the end of May!!

That's ok..I'll get them to compensate me as per normal on every new car I've ordered
Mk7 Golf GTD on order for 64 plate delivery
5 door
Pure White

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #38 on: 16 April 2013, 20:03 »
I'm going to have a stab in the dark and say that this will happen to all of us - clearly weeks 22-24 are being designated for demo cars, actual orders will be after that.  Which I actually think is wrong to be honest - an order is an order and customers should take priority over demo cars IMO.

When I placed my order, I specifically asked my dealer if I would be the first person to have the GTI from his dealership. He said yes. I said, even before the demo cars. He said yes, yours will be before the demo cars, yours will be the first one we get as you are our first order, simple as.

I hope you're right as this is exactly what I was told, and my order is the first this particular VW Group has had - he said it was VW policy with the GTI's to put the customer first ahead of demos - but I don't believe that for a second I'm afraid.  I hope I turn out to be completely wrong though!!

If I see a demo at the dealership before my car, I'm gonna kick up a fuss. I might even cancel my order and wait for the R, it does look awesome! Then again, I probably won't lol.

You might as well phone them up now and cancel

So you're saying that a demo car will definitely be there before mine?

I would put everything I own on showroom and demo cars arriving before any customers orders. Priority has got to be get cars to show rooms for launch event weekends etc then the orders will really pour in and we will probably be in the silly lead time situation we had with Mk6.

Not one of the 3 orders we have taken so far have a scheduled build week
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 18 April 2013, 18:47 »
Been on the "track my order" bit of the VW website and it still doesn't recognise my order number...