Author Topic: light problems  (Read 734 times)

Offline vwkevgti

• GTI forum regular
light problems
« on: 11 March 2008, 14:46 »
hi all my golf hasnt got a clue that the passenger door is open when its open none of the lights come on  and the doors will lock after 60 seconds or so the drivers side works fine was just wondering what controls the lights ect when the door is open and where it is
thnks kev   

Offline J5H VW

• Here all the time
Re: light problems
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2008, 14:56 »
Sounds like the door-lock module.  Its located in the door itself (in each door).

I have a fault where my rear door will not unlock remotely, and also none of interior lights come on when any door is opened, or the car is switched off.

Will see if I can dig out a guide of how to fix it (its a re-solder job).

You might find the following of use:
Repairing the module:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1542461

Getting to the module in the first place:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: 11 March 2008, 16:06 by J5H VW »
2001 VW 1.8t Golf GTi 5 Door (AUM). Xenons, Heated Black Recaro Leather, Front Arm Rest, Stubby Alloy Bee-sting, Climatronic, Heated Washers, Headlamp Jets, Touareg Torch...and a fire extinguisher should it all go wrong! - NOW SOLD

2005 BMW 330cd M Sport Convertible - Sparlking Graphite, Full Electric and Heated Red Leathers, TV, Nav, Bluetooth, Active Xenons, Wind Diffuser

Offline vwkevgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2008, 16:34 »
thanks mate that looks like a mahoosive job lol ive got a few anoying problems on me golf at the moment that will help me out tho
thnks kev

Offline J5H VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 11 March 2008, 16:37 »
It does look like a mission, hence my rear driverside door no longer unlocks with the remote.  I just live with it, the lights not working is a bit of a pain too - but again, the task puts me off fixing it. 

Might just give in one day and let the local garage sort it.
2001 VW 1.8t Golf GTi 5 Door (AUM). Xenons, Heated Black Recaro Leather, Front Arm Rest, Stubby Alloy Bee-sting, Climatronic, Heated Washers, Headlamp Jets, Touareg Torch...and a fire extinguisher should it all go wrong! - NOW SOLD

2005 BMW 330cd M Sport Convertible - Sparlking Graphite, Full Electric and Heated Red Leathers, TV, Nav, Bluetooth, Active Xenons, Wind Diffuser