Author Topic: N75 valve.  (Read 3397 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
N75 valve.
« on: 12 September 2008, 22:22 »
Hi nick just want to know your opinion on fitting a N75 valve - J or H to a already remapped car? (AGU 1.8T)

Is it worth it on a mapped car?

Ive read so many different things i don't know what to believe!  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Ben

• GTI forum regular
Re: N75 valve.
« Reply #1 on: 16 September 2008, 18:55 »
i also drive a mk4 1.8t.
             and have the standard n75 at the mo,judging by what my and nicks customers tell us.the n75 makes no diffrence.hope this helps.
the dwarf from the north

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2008, 00:25 »
I have played around with a cross selection of N75 valves. The J &H made less peak bhp and less avg bhp across the whole rev range but the lower down turbo kick / power was a lost stronger.

What we did find is how the valves managed the boost. They made the turbo boost harder lower down in the rev range but lost some of the higher rmp boost.  Its swings and around abouts at the end of the day.  some drives like that harder kick of power, some like a stronger constsnt pull up the red line.    I have remapped car with Audi H valves already fitted and I could tell the car didnt seem right when test driving.  IMO stick with the stanadard spec valve. it will allow the remap to do its job right so you get the best perfomance across the "whole rev" range which will give you a higher avg bhp which will give you a quicker car.  low down boost spikes make the car feel powerful, but when its on the dyno you will see where the power is lost higher up in the RPMs.

I think I will order some J & H valves in get them bolted to Bens AUM  then stuff it on the dyno and do some back to back power runs and over lay the results, just to put FACT to this N75 saga.

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2008, 18:20 »
I have played around with a cross selection of N75 valves. The J &H made less peak bhp and less avg bhp across the whole rev range but the lower down turbo kick / power was a lost stronger.

What we did find is how the valves managed the boost. They made the turbo boost harder lower down in the rev range but lost some of the higher rmp boost.  Its swings and around abouts at the end of the day.  some drives like that harder kick of power, some like a stronger constsnt pull up the red line.    I have remapped car with Audi H valves already fitted and I could tell the car didnt seem right when test driving.  IMO stick with the stanadard spec valve. it will allow the remap to do its job right so you get the best perfomance across the "whole rev" range which will give you a higher avg bhp which will give you a quicker car.  low down boost spikes make the car feel powerful, but when its on the dyno you will see where the power is lost higher up in the RPMs.

I think I will order some J & H valves in get them bolted to Bens AUM  then stuff it on the dyno and do some back to back power runs and over lay the results, just to put FACT to this N75 saga.

Nick

Ah cool big help cheers nick - Top man!! :afro:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2009, 15:30 »
Hi Nick

Just wondered if you'd done any more tests on the different N75's?  & in particular, more research on AGU's with diff N75's.........................  & even more specific - AGU KO3-S conversions with diff N75's!!!  :D
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #5 on: 01 January 2009, 19:43 »
yea im interested to know if you have any more info on if its worth fitting them to an AUM