Author Topic: 25th anniversary sound system  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Vagmad25th

• Just got here
25th anniversary sound system
« on: 26 March 2014, 21:51 »
hi guys, i have a 25th anniversary golf which the previous owner fitted a small sound system in.
i am looking to replace the blown speakers and tweak it all properly, however the car still has the original 6 disc cd changer. i would like some advise as to what the preferred double din head units are to all you VAG enthusiasts???
id appreciate the opinions to help me choose a decent unit but without ruining the street cred of the car  :grin:
cheers guys.
THERES ONLY ONE WAY ........ THE VAG WAY!

Offline Lewy

• I live here
Re: 25th anniversary sound system
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2014, 22:44 »
Alpine all the way.

I have no experience of double dins as I think they are a waste of space. Why have a unit that takes up the space of a handy cubby hole?

Both the 136BT and 173BT units are great (I have both, so I'm biased) but the 136 has the DAB function - game over!

Offline Vagmad25th

• Just got here
Re: 25th anniversary sound system
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2014, 21:52 »
cool  :smiley: thanks for that advise i appreciate it. il look into both those units and add those to the list lol.
as a lover of car audio i know i should be disowned by any sort of community if the car had something like rip speed audio in it but thankfully the previous owner had some sense so i won't be making any decisions in a rush  :cool:
THERES ONLY ONE WAY ........ THE VAG WAY!