Author Topic: Side skirt not flush?  (Read 976 times)

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
Side skirt not flush?
« on: 31 March 2021, 18:24 »
Hi guys -

Cleaned the Gti today but as I was drying it i noticed that the left side skirt isnt exactly flush with the body (at the front wheel) In comparison to the right one.

I jacked it up and thought there might be a clip undone but it seemed fine from underneath. I pushed it and gave it a bit of welly but still no success. Any ideas how to correct it? Very small issue I know but still :cry:

2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Side skirt not flush?
« Reply #1 on: 01 April 2021, 10:14 »
I'm sure they are glued or stuck/bonded on at the factory. Not exactly sure what with but you could probably rebond it and make sure it's pressed tight so it lines up properly.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 April 2021, 11:08 »
@zainahmed48; Looking at the picture below of the reverse side of those plastic sill extensions, they have slot screw holes moulded into them, so they should slide sideways onto the self tapping bolts that are fitted into the sills. Pictures of the relevant pages from the mk7 Golf repair manual shows how they’re removed / installed which should help you to re-attach yours.

« Last Edit: 01 April 2021, 11:26 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 01 April 2021, 19:48 »
Easy to remove. Remove the centre screw and then knock the trim from the back end gently if I remember.
2014 gti pp dsg