Author Topic: FINISHED PICTURES UPLOADED!!!  (Read 12725 times)

Offline golfmk31993

• Here all the time
it is for painted bumpers, but you have to buy your colour matched paint from them as it doesnt come with it,

check this link to their website

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_201709_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_31336_crumb_33958_parentcategoryrn_31336#

so you hink i should go fot it and try this kit??

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
i've never tried it but if it does what it says on the tin.....then it will be fine
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline golfmk31993

• Here all the time
do you think that the damage to my bumpes is repairable?   some of the scuffs are quite deep, they have gone through the paint to the plastic underneath, i have just cleaned the front bumper and it does have a few roundish scrapes aswell as the scuffs on the corners near the indicators.

can halford colour match paint be used on the whole bumper, would i need to sand and prime the whole bumpers or could i just spray it onto the existing paint once i have repaired the scuffs and scraipes with sanding and fillering??

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
bumper will be repairable.... and paint the full bumper other wise the paint wont match...oh and sand and prime the whole lot too

Offline golfmk31993

• Here all the time
how uch paint will i need to paint thw whole bumper??? how many layers of paint will it need??

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
1 can should be ok for a bumper...and layers depends on how you paint it...but 4 or 5 good coats will give a smooth and even finish

Offline saul79

• I live here
rub the chips down with a smooth sandpaper and not to long or the plasic will go furry :smiley:

mk3 golf 1.8t ,280mm front brakes rear disc conversion,coillies.

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
I need to do this, so i will post up a HOW TO, when i do it, as i have 2 big chips outta the corners on the front (not by me i might add :P )

Offline golfmk31993

• Here all the time
im gunna give it a go on saturday, im not gunna rub down the whole bumper im just gunna do it in sections because most of the bumper is fine,

will i have to lacker the sections that i paint??

a how to would be great

Offline golfmk31993

• Here all the time
im just struggling to decide wich products to use, do you think i should buy g40 , some primer and paint, or do you think i should go with the halfords kit?????

is g40 made for plastic ?? is it the best filler for this kind of job, anyone rcomend anything else??? also wot exact type of primer should i use?? and should i use laquer???

i really wanna get this right and dont want to end up with some cheap crappy halfords do it urself kit that doesnt work
, i want to get the right products and spend time doing the best job of it i possibly can,

also wot should i clean the bumpers with before i start??
thanks