Author Topic: 7.5 GTI PP - Unhappy at low speed?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline GTI-Guy

• Just got here
7.5 GTI PP - Unhappy at low speed?
« on: 19 July 2019, 22:25 »
Moved from a Mk 7 GTI to a 2019 7.5 GTI PP about 2 months ago, everything is pretty much as expected & I'm more than happy apart from one thing;

At low speed, either pulling away or taking up drive in traffic in 1st the car is far from happy - it intermittently seems to be on the verge of stall just as the clutch fully engages when pulling away & is just plain hard work in slow moving stop / start traffic.

Everything else clutch, box & drive wise is 100%, it's not the hydraulic clutch delay & coming straight from a Mk7 I doubt it's my clutch control. One thing I have noticed is that there is an audible rpm increase of around 100rpm when the clutch is about 3/4 released, this appears to be ECU driven via the clutch position sensor & seems to be causing or at least helping the issue. Best way I can describe it as some sort of 1/2 assed stall prevention / protection.

Apart from a few extra hp, the only significant difference 7 / 4.5PP wise is the front diff & I don't imagine that it's got anything to do with those - one thing that has crossed my mind is that has something to do with changes made due to WLTP (car registered Feb 2019).

Sound familiar / any ideas?

Thanks.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: 7.5 GTI PP - Unhappy at low speed?
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2019, 22:38 »
Sounds like you need to book it in, there's clearly something not right.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2019, 22:51 »
I made a similar change to you, except my cars are both DSG. Nothing like the symptoms you describe. Car is silky smooth in all circumstances. Sounds like you need something sorting. Could be over sensitive anti-stall?
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2019, 07:39 »
Yeah the same swap for me, I dont have your problem but I do have a pedal box fitted, having said that the car does feel a little less eager in first gear than the old mk7 so I wonder if its knocking down the throttle to increase mpg and lessen emissions.

I will have the car out today so I will knock of the pedal box and let you know my thoughts.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2019, 12:45 »
Everything was absolutely fine with mine with the pedal box switched off, hope this helps.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 July 2019, 10:01 »
Definitely sounds like you have a problem  :sad:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline GTI-Guy

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 22 July 2019, 19:18 »
OK, thanks for the replies.

Nearest dealer is a fair while away, so unable to "pop in" - probably a month or two before I get the chance....

If anyone does come across anything lilke this let me know, you know what dealers can be like - computer says it's good, drove fine for us.... prefer to go "pre-armed" rather than travelling a few hundered miles for lip service.