Author Topic: EPC fault  (Read 9792 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: EPC fault
« Reply #10 on: 04 July 2019, 10:13 »
That looks ok to me. Could be worse.
It's not bad TBH (for a soot chucker). They asked me what I 'needed', so I said Golf sized, 5dr, and DSG, it could have been a lot worse. :)

The benefits of CarPlay came into force straight away as all I had to do was plug my phone in and all my destinations and music were there immedately, no need to set anything up etc.

It does baffles me how some people on here say the Leon has the same (or close) interior quality to a Golf, it really doesn't. Every piece of plastic, equipment, switch and sound is noticeably inferior.

Going to attempt to redo my long journey today, so it'll give me a chance to stretch the Leon's legs.

:)

Should take them long though to resurrect your Golf. :smiley:
Sadly they said they wouldn't even be able to look at diagnosing until tomorrow at the earliest, so I suspect work won't start on it until next week and I won't be getting it back until mid/late next week.  :sad:
once you get up to Cupra models the interior is on a par if not nicer. Certainly the interior on the Cupra R ST is much nicer than the golf.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2019, 20:57 »
It does baffles me how some people on here say the Leon has the same (or close) interior quality to a Golf, it really doesn't. Every piece of plastic, equipment, switch and sound is noticeably inferior.

Agreed - the door handles are particularly nasty!
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 09 July 2019, 17:41 »
Had the call a couple of hours ago to say the Golf was ready to be picked up. The Leon has gone back, and all in all it's a great little car, very pokey and it did good MPG.

I'm a very distrusting person of dealers, and very anally retentive when it comes to my car, so when dropping a car off to be left I always take photos of my wheels and bodywork. Some think this is over the top and not needed, but sadly today today has proved they're needed.

I rocked up, and I was given the key, told the car was parked out front. I was on cloud nine, no messing about, all sorted and ready to go, then I went out to find these...

Both front wheels gouged.  :angry:

I went back in and they immediately tried to blame the 'recovery driver', to which I politely pointed out that I was the recovery driver, as it was me who nursed the car back to the dealer. I then showed them the pictures of the wheels as per drop off, and things went very quiet. They said things like "I don't understand, the wheels wouldn't have to be removed". It's being escalated to the service manager so he can take it up with the workshop manager when he's back in tomorrow.

I've made it abundantly clear that I will not accept smart repairs, it's new wheels (and tyres if needed) only which I think is reasonable.

I am absolutely fuming. It's quite clear these have been gouged on a ramp post or something. So not only did a 5mth old car break down and leave me stranded, but now the people who are supposed to look after it do this to it.  :angry:

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 09 July 2019, 18:27 »
^ both of those tyres need replacing, the second one is the worst, but both are unsafe now.

You have to absolutely cover your arse every time your cad goes in now.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 09 July 2019, 18:28 »
That is horrible. You are right to be angry. Something like that shouldn’t happen, but, when it does, it should be dealt with properly, not by trying to evade responsibility. Shame on the dealer - I hope you get it sorted as you want, with new wheels and tyres. Have you told VAG about this? I’m sure the dealer would prefer them not to know!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 09 July 2019, 19:20 »
That is absolutely disgusting service, the person who caused the damage must have known they'd hit something. It wouldn't be so bad if they had owned up to the damage, appologised and primised to sort it out. But no, deny all knowledge, blame someone else. Shocking, makes my blood boil  :angry: Name and shame the dealer

P.S. great tip on taking pics of the car before going in for work

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 09 July 2019, 21:35 »
Had the call a couple of hours ago to say the Golf was ready to be picked up. The Leon has gone back, and all in all it's a great little car, very pokey and it did good MPG.

I'm a very distrusting person of dealers, and very anally retentive when it comes to my car, so when dropping a car off to be left I always take photos of my wheels and bodywork. Some think this is over the top and not needed, but sadly today today has proved they're needed.

I rocked up, and I was given the key, told the car was parked out front. I was on cloud nine, no messing about, all sorted and ready to go, then I went out to find these...

Both front wheels gouged.  :angry:

I went back in and they immediately tried to blame the 'recovery driver', to which I politely pointed out that I was the recovery driver, as it was me who nursed the car back to the dealer. I then showed them the pictures of the wheels as per drop off, and things went very quiet. They said things like "I don't understand, the wheels wouldn't have to be removed". It's being escalated to the service manager so he can take it up with the workshop manager when he's back in tomorrow.

I've made it abundantly clear that I will not accept smart repairs, it's new wheels (and tyres if needed) only which I think is reasonable.

I am absolutely fuming. It's quite clear these have been gouged on a ramp post or something. So not only did a 5mth old car break down and leave me stranded, but now the people who are supposed to look after it do this to it.  :angry:

I’m exactly like you and would do the same. That’s quite frankly f@%#ing outrageous. I dread taking mine in for servicing/MOT.  Why is there such a lack of respect for other people’s property - not just by dealers but the general public in car parks etc. You wouldn’t visit someone’s house and cut a chunk out of their lounge carpet with a Stanley knife so why should cars be treated any differently. Take them to the cleaners mate. Good luck getting it sorted. On the plus side, at least it’s a removable/replaceable part.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 09 July 2019, 23:53 »
HI Just read this

Very annoying the wheels are  damaged. Just make sure any complaints are emailed as well phone calls into the dealers, as the dealers to have a habit of forgetting to return calls etc. It does annoy me as mentioned above when dropping off vehicles for services / MOT's etc blatant disregard for care of vehicles isn't focused on. I always try and pick my car up as soon as it is ready to avoid any issues With car park door dings and other near misses! Hope you get the wheels rectified "KM"

Offline a9wyn

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 10 July 2019, 09:19 »
That is absolutely disgusting service, the person who caused the damage must have known they'd hit something. It wouldn't be so bad if they had owned up to the damage, appologised and primised to sort it out. But no, deny all knowledge, blame someone else. Shocking, makes my blood boil  :angry: Name and shame the dealer

P.S. great tip on taking pics of the car before going in for work
I always take a video of the car while it's in the dealers car park awaiting servicing. I also ask the service manager to walk around the car with me to confirm the condition of the car before it goes in for the service. Which I must say their always quite happy to do. 

Offline Phuture

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2019, 10:57 »
Ah mate, what a nightmare! Thats not on AT ALL, well whithin your right there to demand new replacements. Really hope you can get it all sorted quickly dude.

What dealership was that? PM me if you like

Ive got to book mine in as ive noticed a metallic clonk/rattle from the rear. It had it when i picked it up (3 weeks ago) but thought it may just be something that goes away, alas, it hasnt. Your experience is not filling me with confidence sending it back to them...