Author Topic: 46 MPG.  (Read 13812 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: 46 MPG.
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2019, 10:19 »
How can you stand having your power/volume button not straight?

Do you suffer from OCD by any chance?  :grin:

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2019, 11:31 »

Not as mad as most, but I think you'll find many on here that will agree with be on the subject of the radio button.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2019, 12:08 »

Not as mad as most, but I think you'll find many on here that will agree with be on the subject of the radio button.

Totally agree dubber36. This discussion thread is in danger of becoming an infotainment on / off button thread! :grin:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2019, 12:56 »

Totally agree dubber36. This discussion thread is in danger of becoming an infotainment on / off button thread! :grin:

I don't like it either :whistle: Even my OH won't dare adjust the volume in the car!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 31 May 2019, 14:32 »
I’ve never managed to get over 40mpg on a trip in my Ed40 CS driving as carefully as I can. But the roads where I am are all hills and bends which isn’t great for fuel mileage.
I had a mk6 GTI around ten years ago that was REVO stg1 which was better on fuel than when standard.

I have to agree rwleigh, the CS is a great place to be even when driving slowly. The car definitely has a feel about it. And lots of positive comments from passers by. I’ve never had a car for two years before (aside from old runabouts kept for the unpleasant jobs) simply because I like to try new cars and enhancing them a bit. Yet the CS I’ve had over two years now and still absolutely nothing has turned my head to make me even consider swapping it out.

But don’t get me started on volume knobs! NOBODY is allowed to touch the volume knob. Steering wheel buttons only!! I bet the only knob in the whole mk8 cabin will be the volume button, just to drive us all nuts  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2019, 14:58 »
I’ve never managed to get over 40mpg on a trip in my Ed40 CS driving as carefully as I can. But the roads where I am are all hills and bends which isn’t great for fuel mileage.
I had a mk6 GTI around ten years ago that was REVO stg1 which was better on fuel than when standard.

I have to agree rwleigh, the CS is a great place to be even when driving slowly. The car definitely has a feel about it. And lots of positive comments from passers by. I’ve never had a car for two years before (aside from old runabouts kept for the unpleasant jobs) simply because I like to try new cars and enhancing them a bit. Yet the CS I’ve had over two years now and still absolutely nothing has turned my head to make me even consider swapping it out.

But don’t get me started on volume knobs! NOBODY is allowed to touch the volume knob. Steering wheel buttons only!! I bet the only knob in the whole mk8 cabin will be the volume button, just to drive us all nuts  :grin:

Sounds like you (and some others!) need the badgeskins power button cover!!

https://www.badgeskins.com/store/p63/MK7_-_Headunit_power_button_blackout_set.html
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 31 May 2019, 15:13 »
Sounds like you (and some others!) need the badgeskins power button cover!!

https://www.badgeskins.com/store/p63/MK7_-_Headunit_power_button_blackout_set.html

But then how do you know it's the right way up? :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 31 May 2019, 16:34 »
I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen more than 33/34 in my CS (in 2 years and 20,000 miles)! Even on fairly steady runs. I think 30 is my long term average, I have no idea how people get 40+ out of theirs...
Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #18 on: 31 May 2019, 18:35 »
I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen more than 33/34 in my CS (in 2 years and 20,000 miles)! Even on fairly steady runs. I think 30 is my long term average, I have no idea how people get 40+ out of theirs...

It has to be improved efficiency from the remap, I've just been to the supermarket and back just doing normal driving and not even trying to be super economical and it returned 41...

Hope you all appreciate the power button position!  :grin:

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Will2018

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 01 June 2019, 00:11 »
These MPG threads always go the same way. Modern turbo engines can have a very wide average mpg window. Yes they can be incredibly efficient but this depends highly on driving style/ terrain etc.

If you live somewhere flat these engines can do 40 mpg + all day long ( on medium/ long journeys) if driven gently on the turbo torque. It's very hilly round here so even gentle driving will quickly bring the mpg down into the 30's.