Author Topic: question about 2ltr cab  (Read 6147 times)

Offline mjpuds

• Just got here
question about 2ltr cab
« on: 16 January 2019, 20:47 »
ok the car is a 2 ltr cab and it has been running ok ish ,three things were needing doing battery coil pack and plugs and leads.
so simple . on changing over coil pack after doing the air filter and battery , is seemed to run even worse . lack of power when putting foot down to around 3000 rpm...so took new one off put back on old one . here the odd thing it carried on running like this.  like this .. so i changed the leads and plugs all correctly matched by direct motors , the fuel was very low so i have now added some cleaner in tank.. but still seems very fluttery..and ideas.

Offline Simeon

• I live here
Re: question about 2ltr cab
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2019, 11:04 »
Check the earth on the coil pack as a starting point. Flat acceleration could be timing or an air leak.

Did you gap the plugs? I'd be tempted to put the old leads and plugs back on too and see if maybe the new parts are faulty out the box.

Offline mjpuds

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2019, 21:38 »
very odd . the earth point is one of the only thing that has changed , but i have buffed both the terminals on the battery and the cable to the coil pack . may be i will do it again

Offline mjpuds

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2019, 23:31 »
ok after coping with it for a bit longer and also getting flue (nasty) http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/Smileys/modern/sick3.gif..I had it scanned for faults .. nothing came up apart from two lots of misfiring .. one all though all plugs all the time but worse when above 2000 revs now .. and the other always on plug 4. all sensors were ok.. now replace cap i still havent checked timing only because why should this change in any way . nothing has been replaced before this became a fault .

replaced parts now leads,cap plugs coil, air filter, battery, the relay tray look different to a standard mk3 tray.