Author Topic: OEM Reverse Camera - VW Retrofit  (Read 14688 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: OEM Reverse Camera - VW Retrofit
« Reply #10 on: 17 February 2019, 21:11 »
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2019, 11:32 »
Thanks for all the replies and info

Had it confirmed the kit being fitted is the OEM lowline version, just as if you spec'd the reverse camera option from new, which is what I wanted.

I think for around 2 years use, £340 is not too bad at all. Going to book in and will report back on how it goes.

Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2019, 12:07 »
£340 for basic camera for a small hatchback car that is easy to park?  :shocked:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2019, 14:20 »
£340 for basic camera for a small hatchback car that is easy to park?  :shocked:

Yeah I know I see your point. Its always an option Ive wanted and with the new car park space at work I've got it will be a lot easier with the camera.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 18 February 2019, 14:57 »
Doesn't matter if you think it's easy to park Jim, I spec the camera due to having a chronic back problem so the fact I'm not twisting and turning is a big plus point to me. 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 18 February 2019, 15:03 »

Until you have one fitted to your car and use it regularly you just won't understand how useful it actually is.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2019, 15:54 »

Until you have one fitted to your car and use it regularly you just won't understand how useful it actually is.

I had one for 2 years on my Merc before the GTI and I can't think of a single occasion I thought ooo I wish I had a camera to reverse this small hatch into a space!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2019, 16:28 »

I dare say we could all find reasons to question why others choose to spec and pay £x’s for certain options on their cars. We’re all individuals and place different importance and priorities on different options that can be had.

Doesn't matter if you think it's easy to park Jim, I spec the camera due to having a chronic back problem so the fact I'm not twisting and turning is a big plus point to me.

Same reason I have one on my even smaller car (Polo GTI); having suffered back-related problems for nearly 40 years I’m happy to have something that helps reduce the need to twist and turn when reversing. Plus, when I bought my car, it was only £25 to spec the reversing camera when it was added to a bundled pack of other options I wanted. At £25, it was a bit of a no brainier IMO. 
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 20 February 2019, 10:30 »

I had one for 2 years on my Merc before the GTI and I can't think of a single occasion I thought ooo I wish I had a camera to reverse this small hatch into a space!  :grin:

Good for you, I find it really useful and use it all the time.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 20 February 2019, 11:02 »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.