Author Topic: Interference and dodgy speakers  (Read 883 times)

Offline systemseiko

• Here all the time
Interference and dodgy speakers
« on: 29 June 2006, 19:58 »
Put a new Blaupunkt single disc head unit in my MK 2 GTI a few weeks back and works a treat other than when playing a CD,  when the CD is played the speakers crackle as if ther is tooo much bass :sick:,  i have resorted to turning the bass and treble down,  now for part 2,  As the world cup is upon us i have been trying to listen to Talk sport with no avail,  i can tune near perfect when the car is not running but once started i get the engine reving coming through the speakers,  i fitted a suppressor onto the output wire on the alternator thinkin that would resolve it but it is still sh!te.  :sick:
any ideas anyone as i'm fecked off with the crap noise.

If it is a 90 mph per hour wind and you drive your car at 90mph downwind, if you stick your head outside would you feel the wind?

Offline Heyho

• Here all the time
Re: Interference and dodgy speakers
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2006, 20:25 »
You don't mention if you had the same problem with the previous head unit - if you didn't, try putting the old one back in temporarily - if it's OK then your new unit is faulty - or extremely sensitive.

Offline systemseiko

• Here all the time
Re: Interference and dodgy speakers
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2006, 12:56 »
Sorry forgot,  both head units had the interference, although the old head unit was stonehenge material,  i have not modified the existing ISO connectors in any manner and all wiring is OE standard

If it is a 90 mph per hour wind and you drive your car at 90mph downwind, if you stick your head outside would you feel the wind?