Author Topic: Clamping the MAP sensor??  (Read 5084 times)

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
Re: Clamping the MAP sensor??
« Reply #10 on: 31 October 2010, 21:23 »
I agree, the actual boost is "limited" but how is the boost physically increased? Is it like driving with no wastegate control? Sorry if you are lost, I am too

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #11 on: 31 October 2010, 22:49 »
Just another version of a resistor mod. Messing with ecu signals is not a good idea imo.

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #12 on: 01 November 2010, 09:52 »
The AUMs doesn't really have a boost table. It does everything based on specified load, which is made up from many sensor readings, temp and rpm. so the reading for load comes from air mass flowing into the intake manifold.
 The only way to cheat a bit more power is use a MBC and add around 300mb (max) any more and you will get a call for limp mode and throttle cut.  Unless your tuner has taken the KFDLULS (MAP for Delta pressure for overboost protection ) up from 400mb to 500mb+. If he has raised this map then in theory you can cheat a bit of boot and more power. 

The lambda tables which go closed loop are based on many factors, which mean you can add more boost and still runs safe fuel/air ratios.

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 01 November 2010, 21:35 »
How would you do this?
Bypass the n75 with an mbc or put it between that and the tip?

Also setting one up, would you start fully closed and "inch" it open until you see actual boost 300mb higher than requested?

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 01 November 2010, 22:12 »
Is this not like driving into a road thats sign posted a dead end?

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2010, 22:17 »
How would you do this?
Bypass the n75 with an mbc or put it between that and the tip?

Also setting one up, would you start fully closed and "inch" it open until you see actual boost 300mb higher than requested?

The best way to go is use an electronic controller with duty cylce, then just work the DC% up until the boost you want has been met, the good controllers have built in boost gauges.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2010, 22:28 »
apexi avcr ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 02 November 2010, 13:02 »
So don not install one before/in parrallell with the N75 and use this to bleed more air off than the n75 will do?

Offline Purely VAG

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2010, 20:57 »
apexi avcr ??

Very nice bit of kit that.

✉ Jrd@PurelyVAG.co.uk // www.PurelyVAG.co.uk

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2010, 22:32 »
mate has one in his 200sx and i love it get it with the gameboy controller even more fun.. gadgets ay  :cool:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)