Author Topic: Anyone doing the Donington track day this weekend?  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Adamk2269

• Not said much yet
Anyone doing the Donington track day this weekend?
« on: 28 November 2011, 18:26 »
Is anyone doing the track at donington track day this weekend? I went yesterday it was a really good day!

Offline Procomp

• Not said much yet
Re: Anyone doing the Donington track day this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: 01 December 2011, 20:25 »
What car did you have?

Offline Adamk2269

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2011, 20:38 »
Mk4 golf 1.8t still in the process of sorting out but there was only a couple that past me all day!

Offline Procomp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2011, 20:47 »
probably saw you as I came down and spoke to one of the guys with a mk4.  His was the black one with the roll cage.

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2011, 20:23 »
adams was the black one with the cage,mine was the black one without the cage ,and the silver 5 door is now sitting in my garage after melting a piston  :embarassed:

Offline Procomp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 December 2011, 12:42 »

ouch.....that sounds painful and expensive!  Did the engine have alot of miles on it?  How/why did it happen?

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 15 December 2011, 17:12 »

ouch.....that sounds painful and expensive!  Did the engine have alot of miles on it?  How/why did it happen?

75000 with full history and very regular servicing oil changed at least twice a year  still investigating the cause of the failure s/h engine being fitted over the weekend then it'll be a trip to r-tech to do a full diagnostic health check on it mil, light came on a couple of laps before the grim reaper took over personally just think he was giving it too much trying to keep up  :wink: