Quite simple, does it appeal to you!

No NO NO
25 (18.2%)
Love it
75 (54.7%)
undecided
37 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic: MK 6 Hot or not  (Read 15956 times)

Offline TheReflex

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK 6 Hot or not
« Reply #30 on: 23 October 2008, 19:53 »
I love it and will probably be sticking a deposit on one next year.  In 3 door form it looks better than the Scirocco.
2007 GTI with a hint of Bluefin.

Offline TheRaven

• I live here
  • "I am female, I think the boobs are a giveaway..."
« Reply #31 on: 24 October 2008, 11:47 »
I think it looks like a MK5 that has been stood on...  :sick:
Professional Freelance Equestrian Photographer

www.ravenphotography.co.uk
www.ravenphotography.uk

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 24 October 2008, 12:28 »
As someone who was *this close* to buying a mk4 GTI, I appreciate its looks and styling. But the moment I saw the MK5 GTI, I knew I had to have it! The mk6 doesn't strike me as something I must have, like the previous two marks did.

I agree the interior is better looking, but the front end just doesn't do it for me.

I have mentioned elsewhere that I love some of the interior, like the chunky buttons on the steering wheel and the general layout of the interior. I like the rear but the front end doesn't seem like a move forwards.

You'll all be buying mk6 Gti's in the next few years, just you wait and see!
Nope I'll be waiting for the mk7 in my (hopefully) modded and remapped mk5, lapping all the mk6s!!! :grin:

I think it looks like a MK5 that has been stood on...  :sick:

So true :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #33 on: 28 October 2008, 11:18 »

I'll wait to see one in the metal and test drive it before I pass judgement. But however good it is, I won't be trading in my very modified Mk5 for one.

The big question has to be if you didn't have a GTI at all, would you buy the Mk5 or the Mk5.5 Mk6 ?
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline joesgti

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 28 October 2008, 15:36 »

I'll wait to see one in the metal and test drive it before I pass judgement. But however good it is, I won't be trading in my very modified Mk5 for one.

The big question has to be if you didn't have a GTI at all, would you buy the Mk5 or the Mk5.5 Mk6 ?

if both were the same price and both had a KO4 and re-sale value was the same as each other then mk5 all flippin day long  :smiley: :smiley:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #35 on: 28 October 2008, 16:24 »

Does the Mk6 GTI have a K03 or K04 turbo? - Surely a K03 because the power is only up by 10 bhp.

The Mk6 has a new generation ECU though and it's more difficult to crack, I've heard.

:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 31 October 2008, 00:10 »
The MKVI has the new TSI engine with a K03 flavoured kick to it.

For me there are a few little tempters over the MKV:-

- Electronic diff - you tight VW guys lets have a proper ATB diff!
 - adaptive suspension and choice of settings - but most likely still no match for a well set up MKV on coilies and uprated ARB's :wink:

Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 16 November 2008, 19:37 »
mk6 is hot.

makes the mk5 look old now :lipsrsealed:

My mate is lucky enough to do testing on anything volkswagen so should bring it round soon. Ill get some pics :grin:
:)

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 29 December 2008, 17:46 »
Now the pics of the upper range are sneaking out I actually quite like it. It has a much more agressive look to the front which I feel looks a lot better, also the GTTDI will be out next year so might be able to get one as  a company car which would be nice :) Interior seems to be very similar but with white dials, looks like a nice place to be and they look to have removed those bloody uncomfortable knee bars from the centre console.

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Josho

« Reply #39 on: 03 January 2009, 13:41 »
I love the front, but the back, well it's OK but it just looks like a Tiguan.

What is up with manufacturers today? They are all looking the same, look at the new Polo, just a mini MK5.