Author Topic: Sat in a MKVI today  (Read 4520 times)

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
Sat in a MKVI today
« on: 02 January 2009, 15:45 »
Popped into my local dealer today and there was a new 5 door silver 2.0 TDI MKVI. Very nice it was. Had a sit in the drivers seat. My only feelings were, this is very nice but not much different to the MKV. A few tweaks here and there. Looks the part for sure both inside and out. The main thing I was happy about was when I got back into my MK5 R32 the interior didnt make me feel like I was in a 'last model shape' car. MKVI very nice but until there is a new R variant or equivalent Ill be more than happy in my MKV R. And it will still turn heads for years to come  :smiley:
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Sat in a MKVI today
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2009, 14:37 »
I have had a look at one too, a 5door silver TDI and imo the back lights don't look as bad to me as they do in every photo i have seem but the interior to me feels a big step up from the mk5 but thats just my opinion. Im not sure about the exterior door handles though and the heater knobs don't feel that good a quality to operate compared to the rest of the interior.
« Last Edit: 03 January 2009, 14:41 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2009, 10:35 »
yes sat in one today, and to be honest, not alot of difference imo, not enough to make wanna get the 1st version GTi in june/july time. Gonna hold out to see the R version whatever form that turns out like.

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2009, 11:34 »
Gonna hold out to see the R version whatever form that turns out like.

Me too!
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2009, 11:25 »
I tell ya if my numbers come in tonight, I'll be down VW tomorrow taking an R32 home and pre ordering the GTi version of the MK6  :drool:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline daniel-1986

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2009, 17:33 »
seen one 2day and they dont look so bad in the flesh