Author Topic: wtf? write off woes  (Read 2018 times)

Offline DogDay

• GTI forum regular
wtf? write off woes
« on: 26 April 2007, 00:08 »
hey guys - I just need some advice

my missus was in her pug 306 when an idiot drove head on into her & wrote it off... she ok - the kids are ok, but the car is 'beyond economic repair'. The insurance company umm'ed and ahhh'ed for a while then offered us pretty much bang on the money with £1500. They made the offer verbally on friday the 20th april and the paperwork arrived on monday - she posted it back this morning.

We spoke to the insurance company today and they agreed that we would go along and take the tax disc, the alloys (and 6 day old yokohamas!) and cd player from the car at the garage that inspected it.

Slight problem - they salvage guy they authorised collected it on the 17th  :sick: !!! They won't even have the paperwork yet!

Are they allowed to fugging well do that?

Gonna phone them in the morning & kick up a stick, but now i'm worried that car is already broken & the bits are gone

advice?

DD :cool:

Bow Chikka Wow Wow

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: wtf? write off woes
« Reply #1 on: 26 April 2007, 12:00 »
I had this with my old car..they sold it before they paid me and while I still had all the document's........and then gave me bull about paying above book price!! they gave me 24 hour's to remove all personal belonging's and the car was 200 miles away and I had broken my leg with the crash  :angry:
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk