Author Topic: Headlamp protectors  (Read 1604 times)

Offline DaveW

• Not said much yet
Headlamp protectors
« on: 24 June 2013, 20:37 »
I had protectors on my Mk4 all the time I had it, so ordered a pair for the Mk6. Made in Australia of all places, and arrived in a huge box. I wasn't happy with the fit. The top edge retainers are fine, but the outer corners are very slightly short, and for some reason have a silver edge just around the outside corners. The big problem though was that the lower edge is secured by a long horizontal retainer, which is part of the cover, and it was too thick to go between the bumper and headlamp without distorting the bumper. I almost gave up and put them on e-bay, but instead, got out the Dremel, and removed the inside few centimetres of the retaining lug on each side. After finsihing off with wet n dry, it's hard to tell they've been modified and they fit quite easily now under the headlamps.
DaveW.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
Re: Headlamp protectors
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2013, 20:58 »
Pics please  :smiley:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline DaveW

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2013, 19:52 »
Hey Presto. Sorry for the delay!!!!!
The lower retaining lip is evident (dark shade) above the washer cover.

« Last Edit: 30 June 2013, 19:55 by DaveW »
DaveW.

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2013, 23:30 »
Ah right! Never knew you could get those. A good idea  :cool:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2013, 07:53 »
I've just bought a set for my Passat. Not to use all the time. They come with black beam deflector stickers, so I'll use them driving in France.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.