Author Topic: 1.4 TSI 7 Speed DSG Shudder in 1st to 2nd  (Read 2136 times)

Offline weew85

• Just got here
1.4 TSI 7 Speed DSG Shudder in 1st to 2nd
« on: 17 June 2018, 22:29 »
Hi All,

Bought a 1.4 TSI 7 Speed DSG and fell in love with it straight away. Best car ive driven however, over the past few months its started developing an intermittent shudder which may or may not be getting worse with time. When in D mode and moving from 1st to 2nd, it can intermittently shudder.
  • This does not happen every time i take it for a ride
  • Have not noticed any patterns i.e when driving for more than 20 minutes.
  • Local VW garage says its a dry clutch system
[li] Briefly tested in the semi-auto mode whereby you shift gears yourself and that doesnt seem produce the same shudder. So does that indicate an issue with software for the DSG?
[/li][/list]

I'm reading some real horror stories out there but again when you look up a medical issue, it always leads to cancer on the internet!

Having read a number of posts on the web ive gathered the following :

• In US and maybe AUS, theyve extended the warranty for these type of cars to 100k or 10 years and so fixes are being carried out under the warranty
  • Those with the problems have had a DSG reset which hasnt worked followed by a 'clutch pack' replacement which has worked and thats lead to mechatronic failures?

Has anyone had this issue and had it fixed? If so what was the cause / fix and cost to fix?
Has anyone had it fixed from an independent garage? If its just a clutch pack, can it be bought independently and fixed independently?

Thanks in advance.