Author Topic: Few questions from a new owner - Windows, locking, airbags  (Read 1497 times)

Offline SafferYork

• Just got here
I've recently bought a Mk4 GTi, 2002. I'm having a problem with the windows - the passenger window doesn't work at all from the drivers side window console, and all the other Windows do work, however, it's as if someone is playing with the light switch....they go up/down a bit then stop. Release the button, try agin, up/down a bit, stop, until either open or closed. The drivers one touch open/close works in pretty much the same fashion.

The puddle lights do not work on any door and the central locking as well as lock button in the car does not lock the passenger door. I can lock it with the key, without issue...

Does anyone have any recommendations for me, anything to check out tomorrow? Also, as an aside, the airbag warning comes up with a B/Pillar tensioner error - any suggestion on that?

Thanks all.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Few questions from a new owner - Windows, locking, airbags
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2016, 09:25 »
Check wiring to the b piller tensioner.
With the rest of it check fuses.
Including comfort control module fuse as that cantrols the interier functions

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2016, 13:07 »
Microswitches in door locks may be ......
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline SafferYork

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2016, 13:22 »
I've just been inside the doors now, cleaned out all the micro switches, had everything apart - still nothing :(

Would the fuse under the dash cause intermittent working??