Author Topic: No power when pulling away.  (Read 2080 times)

Offline MarkGriffin

• Just got here
No power when pulling away.
« on: 30 July 2016, 15:03 »
Hi,  i have a problem with my golf gti mk4 2.0, it struggles to pull away from standing and when in most gears. I have put in new plugs, leads, coil pack and maf sensor and have also cleaned the throttle body.  It runs perfect when cold but as soon as the car hits temperature the problems start. No good if i can't pull out of a junction and it hesitates as i have small children and its a little dangerous. Could really do with some help on the matter if anyone can help me?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: No power when pulling away.
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2016, 15:13 »
Id possibly start with a new temp sensore, if its telling the ecu a different temp to what it is fuelling will be off

Offline MarkGriffin

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2016, 16:04 »
Ok i will try that one,  thankyou and thanks for the quick response, will let you know if it works.

Offline MarkGriffin

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2016, 19:46 »
Hello again,  got a new sensor from vw (went all out for the legit make),  made quite a difference but again when the car is warmed up it just seems to hesitate when pulling away.  Seems fine once i am driving so the sensor sorted that out but not the crucial bit?  Could it be the throttle body or fuel pump maybe?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #4 on: 31 July 2016, 19:55 »
Fuel filter last changed do you know?
Tps or pedal side if its not got a throttle cable.
If you have a scanner you can do a live test on throttle position and see if when the pedal at 50percent the pedal is for instance.

If you pull away with a few more revs than usual does it make a difference

Offline MarkGriffin

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2016, 07:42 »
Not sure aboit fuel filter but guess its something else i can try. Makes no difference if i use high revs,  low revs or even pulling away iin second gear.  It starts to pull away for the first second then dies back for a couple of seconds then pulls away like normal lol sooo frustrating. Dont own a scanner im afraid,  but will just have to follow the chain of replacements :-(