Author Topic: Help needed  (Read 8250 times)

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
Re: Help needed
« Reply #30 on: 28 July 2016, 14:48 »
Fitted the power flow turbo back today sounds nice turbo spools quicker but it's louder and so is the misfire would a knackered turbo core cause this? Been offered a k03s minimal play in the core/impeller £50 is it worth getting as a back up in case it is the turbo causing these problems ?

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 11 August 2016, 23:36 »
Finally found out my issue... It was a mapping isue basically the car was heavily moded and put back to standard but ecu was set up to run previous mods they flash wiped the ecu or something like that now it runs like new.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #32 on: 12 August 2016, 08:38 »
Glad you sorted it mate, would have never thought it would be put back to dtandard but the map left on

Offline Sammy14913

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 12 August 2016, 20:59 »
Only found this out due to a friend of mine asking around and about 5-6 different people said the same thing they recon you wouldn't change the head unless your already running around 300bhp and wanting more power and to run that power you obv have to have a map get it checked so that's what I did obviously 2 owners befor got another 1.8t and transferd all the stuff over but head was to big of a job so left it on with the mapped ecu is what they all are saying I appreciate all who had a input in this thread and helped me get to the bottom of this problem

Offline Oli_F

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 05 September 2016, 21:52 »
Glad you sorted it