Author Topic: Hidden storage MK 7.5  (Read 5929 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Hidden storage MK 7.5
« Reply #20 on: 08 January 2019, 11:35 »
I can't believe the OP didn't know it was there.

I'm not one for clutter, and the drawers are pretty useless, but they are a good place for supermarket bags. How often have you popped in for a few bits and had to buy another bag?

I know right! Wasn't until I was adjusting the seat I found it. I wonder if my MK5 had this too?

Such a good idea with the shopping bags.

I think the drawers were a rarely specced option on the mk5 (going from my dodgy memory as neither of mine had them that I remember but my mk6’s did as standard)

The drawers are quite handy for hiding clutter but too small as others have said.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 08 January 2019, 11:46 »

I'm not one for clutter, and the drawers are pretty useless, but they are a good place for supermarket bags. How often have you popped in for a few bits and had to buy another bag?

I know right! Wasn't until I was adjusting the seat I found it. I wonder if my MK5 had this too?

Such a good idea with the shopping bags.

I think the drawers were a rarely specced option on the mk5 (going from my dodgy memory as neither of mine had them that I remember but my mk6’s did as standard)

The drawers are quite handy for hiding clutter but too small as others have said.

I think you’re right Mr Ex.  They were standard on my mk6 but I vaguely recall speccing them on my second mk5 GTI.  Waste of money that was!  Then they give them to you for free on the mk6 when you don’t want them!  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 08 January 2019, 13:50 »
My early Mk5 definitely didn't have the drawers under the seats.
7.5 GTD

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 January 2019, 13:59 »
My 2006 MK5 GT TDI did, but that had full leather so don't know if it was part of that ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 08 January 2019, 16:47 »
My early Mk5 definitely didn't have the drawers under the seats.
Mine neither but at least it had a proper trim not just a gaping hole.
At least I think it did!  :grin:

The seats, dials and steering wheel were just sublime in the mk5, small details like drawers were just peripheral and inconsequential.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 09 January 2019, 22:13 »
If I had under seat drawers, I would have to think of something to put in them......

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 10 January 2019, 17:34 »

+1  this is what I use one for, the other holds CD's in cardboard sleeves to avoid the distracting rattles.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 January 2019, 11:18 »

+1  this is what I use one for, the other holds CD's in cardboard sleeves to avoid the distracting rattles.

The 1990s have called for you Preztel, they want their CDs back!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 11 January 2019, 23:17 »
Quote from: Jim_+1  this is what I use one for, the other holds CD's in cardboard sleeves to avoid the distracting rattles.
[/quote

The 1990s have called for you Preztel, they want their CDs back!  :grin:

I can live with the simplicity of the 1990's. After a long day sometimes it's easier to just push a CD in the slot rather than navigate an iPod or phone. Either that or listen to the BBC light program. :smiley:

Offline Gingernick

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 14 January 2019, 10:34 »
I kept a wee medical kit in mine..will have to find somewhere else for it in the new one

anybody ever seen a cargo net that would go under the parcel shelf??
3dr Gti, manual, tornado red, performance pack, dynaudio. gone now

5dr GTi, manual, red, Performance pack, dynaudio
going

5dr Gti, Manual, performance pack , indium grey (for a change!)