Author Topic: Detailing of a VXR Nurburgring  (Read 9323 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Detailing of a VXR Nurburing
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2008, 23:52 »
the attention to detail is a bit OTT really though isnt it... at what point do you stop having a good looking and clean motor and start having something which you cant take out and thrash cause you're worried about a spec of dirt getting on the wheel arch?

he was also spraying that hose thing against his paintwork VERY hard... he might have ingrained a half mm fly poo into the clearcoat? :undecided:

does anyone else cringe when they drive through a puddle... or is it just me?  :huh:

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #11 on: 14 August 2008, 20:53 »
Nice looking motor, but it doesn;'t look THAT much better than a good proper clean and polish.

I'm sorry but he really needs to get a life!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 14 August 2008, 22:08 »
Nice looking motor, but it doesn;'t look THAT much better than a good proper clean and polish.

I'm sorry but he really needs to get a life!

you know I was thinking back to this thread earlier this afternoon and thinking exactly the same thing

Offline rheady

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2008, 13:12 »
Must admit it was clean but the white did'nt show all the work that he had put in in my opinion. Thought the colour of his old car was better.

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 16 August 2008, 21:31 »
Can't knock the guys determination and drive  :shocked: Regardless of what anyone thinks that is an amazing thing he has done, so focused! Yeh many people will say ''get a life'' but if that is his life then who are we to judge? Fair play mate!

Just showed (some) of this to Mrs Green just to prove im no where near OCD (as she tells me frequently!!) when it comes to cleaning my car compared to some.  :grin:

Top marks!!  :cool:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 16 August 2008, 21:35 »

Just showed (some) of this to Mrs Green just to prove im no where near OCD (as she tells me frequently!!) when it comes to cleaning my car compared to some.  :grin:

I did exactly the same with Mrs P today before going out to spend a few hours cleaning mine :laugh:

NewGolf

« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2008, 09:58 »

I did exactly the same with Mrs P today before going out to spend a few hours cleaning mine :laugh:

Ditto  :wink:

Cloudy here today so I reckon a marathon cleaning/waxing session is in order.....

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 17 August 2008, 11:46 »

Ditto  :wink:

Cloudy here today so I reckon a marathon cleaning/waxing session is in order.....

Yep weathers looking good here too, will try to get out to try the G220 on some swirl marks on her Polo today.

Also don't forget some pic's this time NewGolf or you know what TopCat will be like with his "you must really own a poxhall" stories again  :wink:

NewGolf

« Reply #18 on: 17 August 2008, 13:01 »
Taking photos along the way this time guys! Just done the whole car with Z2 Zaino, smells gorgeous!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #19 on: 17 August 2008, 13:09 »
if your gonna do that to a car at least do it to a colour thats gonna show the hard work gone into it! theres not really much of a difference unless you get the bi-nocu-lars out.

imagine what the vauxhall dealer would say if he tried to give the car back for that blemish :laugh:

OCD