Author Topic: Need a bit of help here...  (Read 1438 times)

Offline Rylarr

• Not said much yet
Need a bit of help here...
« on: 10 May 2013, 19:12 »
Soooo I am a 20 year old male insured with CO-OP as a named driver (for a 1.4 Astra mk5) on my dads policy, and i was under the impression that i would earn a no claims discount to put me in a good position for insurance with some one like Sky on a 1.8t golf that i could mod... So i got my self a golf 1.8t and its a beaut! only thing is i have found out that my no claims discount is actually a no claims bones that is non transferable to another company!

So i have a price from CO-OP and its £1400 witch i am happy with, only thing is as soon as i tell them i have mods on they will shoot the price up! and i am hoping to get to 250bhp so you can see they will have a field day on my bank account!     

Could any one give me a realistic price on a male 20 year old with 1y5m driving, on a 1.8t golf with many mods with some one like sky?

If that turns out to be to expensive as i haven't got a 1 year no claims my choices are stay with CO-OP and stay standard witch i would hate to do, or stay with CO-OP and risk un-declaring my mods :/

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Offline Waspy

• I live here
Re: Need a bit of help here...
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2013, 20:29 »
Don't do undeclared mods. Not worth it, at all. Any excuse to not pay out and they will jump on it. Have you actually inquired to see how much the mods you plan would actually increase the premium? You might be pleasantly surprised. No harm in asking anyway, then you can make a more informed choice. Also, 1 year driving experience (named driver) hardly changed my premium at all, certainly not a deal breaker. So it is worth shopping around and stating 0 years ncd.

Remember to put plenty of experienced drivers as named drivers, has a huge impact.
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline skyinsurance

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
Re: Need a bit of help here...
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2013, 12:08 »
We may still be able to help, we can look to give an introductory discount based on your claim free named driver experience.

Tel: 01707 642552

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html