Author Topic: I can buy the gti check seat cloth but which one is the black cloth?  (Read 3294 times)

Offline 8vMatt

• Not said much yet
Hi guys,

I'm having a few mad thoughts about having a gti inspired T5 when it arrives. Its a black pearl colour, so would need a grill line in red. Inside I'm on the lookout for a flat bottomed steering wheel. And the seats, I've found a company that produce the check cloth for the seat centres. I don't know of the model name for the black material though. Anyone able to point me in the right direction for it?

I can't have a Golf but it would pay homage to them!

Do you think it would be worth buying any extra check cloth? Would there be much demand for it? Not necessarily off you mk6 owners. Many thanks all.

Offline 8vMatt

• Not said much yet
I thought there were some super knowledgeable people that know every part number going  :undecided:

Offline Nutkins

• Not said much yet
Jakarta cloth isn't it? The steering wheel you can get from EBay but would have no idea if it would fit etc?

Offline 8vMatt

• Not said much yet
It is indeed Jakarta.

Steering wheel is a direct replacement  :cool: Hopefully I can get a multi function one so I can connect and use the buttons.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
Sounds like a good little project Matt
Will be good to see something different done to the T5  :smiley:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline 8vMatt

• Not said much yet

Hey Neil, how's you buddy?

Thanks for your comments, appreciate them. I'm very excited having to wait til March to pick up.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here

Thanks for your comments, appreciate them. I'm very excited having to wait til March to pick up.

Yes all is good pal,
Is it a new T5 your getting if not getting till March ? i have got 2 Transporters at work they are a great bus  :smiley:
I have been searching the net for Gti inspired T5s but cannot find anything, Black T5 with sportline kit, eibach springs, 20" alloys & Gti bespoke grill and interior will look  :cool:
But i think you will need a decent bank balance for that  :shocked: :smiley:
Loving the 7R

Offline 8vMatt

• Not said much yet

Yes all is good pal,
Is it a new T5 your getting if not getting till March ? i have got 2 Transporters at work they are a great bus  :smiley:
I have been searching the net for Gti inspired T5s but cannot find anything, Black T5 with sportline kit, eibach springs, 20" alloys & Gti bespoke grill and interior will look  :cool:
But i think you will need a decent bank balance for that  :shocked: :smiley:

Yep, new. Just waiting for the new reg.

Sounds good you can't find anything on a gti van, be a little more individual. Just wish I had the kind of power on tap as you guys!

I think the bank balance is going to be a bit  :sick:

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
Loving the 7R

Offline 8vMatt

• Not said much yet
Ahh lovely. The way I'm going, I'll have to buy another van to use for work  :laugh:

I do like the Sportline look lots. The front spoiler splitter costs £500 just for that  :shocked: No-one gets cheap parts nowadays.

Wouldn't mind getting the RNS 510 though.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas  :grin: