Author Topic: early birthday present...  (Read 5572 times)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
early birthday present...
« on: 27 January 2013, 19:39 »
So on friday my boyfriend turned up with an early birthday present:

I'm owner number4, and we know all 3 previous owners, a friends mum from new, and 2 friends all owned "her"

She's currently un-named and i'm a little undecided as "she" is similar to Beryl the Crappy Cabby. Black with chrome etc. Missing one exterior black trim, and the petrol cap was lost on its journey to me, but the boyfriend has ordered me a pretty replacement already.

Under 100k miles, 1.8 auto. No gti like the previous but it's going to a perfect little daily. It's getting a wheel bearing this week so when my brother has fixed it i'll be able to look at it properly for the first time. MOT til november so i'm set for this year.

Got a choice between putting the g60's from the mk2 on the cabby, or if i want to put the rials on... hmmmm....

We now have matching cars as his daily is a mk1, and once that's turbo'd he's contemplating putting the bike carbed engine in the cabby for me. :)

His car:

hopefully he'll be running these for UD

had the mk2 a year and must say it's been a love:hate relationship, i wanted to love it, but it hated me.
It's gone to a new home and i got double what i paid for it, so im a happy bunny. Little bit of extra cash to sort some stuff out on the house, and pay for hopefully a new cabby roof.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: early birthday present...
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2013, 19:55 »
hello stranger  :kiss:

gone full circle then   :grin:

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2013, 19:57 »
had 2 mk2's and this is my second cabby... we don't talk about the mk4  :rolleyes:

Offline Lewy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2013, 21:46 »
Christ on a bike.  He'll do anything for a blower!

Welcome back me dear.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2013, 01:07 »
Welcome back again Han.  :cool:

Nice Prezzie!  Great to see another mk1 grace these pages, look forward to progress on this and it sounds like it's got some nice ones already lined up!

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2013, 06:41 »
Haha Lewy, It's good to be back and i'llbe happy this week when i can get to drive it and look at it properly.
It needs love, but the boy has just bought a lathe that will take a wheel so custom splits may happen.

I can't wait to get it sorted, trying to source a red roof and a few other bits it needs like glovebox lid, but once i've written a nice list hopefully this one will make more progress than beryl the peril.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 17 February 2013, 23:06 »
only just seen this... great stuff  :smiley:

Offline logeyboy

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 18 February 2013, 14:29 »
If he bought you that, you might want to buy yourself a chapstick...

:smiley:

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 03 March 2013, 15:21 »
only just seen this... great stuff  :smiley:

Guy, today was the day i was finally meant to go and pick up the car for the first time, its had some work done over the last few weeks. But it seems my insurance hasn't swapped over yet and I can't tax it and can't dive it home. so now i have a mk2 thats not insured to beon the road so i have to get the bus tomorrow.
because there is no insurance showing online i can't tax it. Fuming is an understatement!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #9 on: 03 March 2013, 18:30 »
bus wayne kerr . . . . . . . . . . :laugh: