Author Topic: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI  (Read 37471 times)

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
Re: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI
« Reply #40 on: 18 March 2013, 16:26 »
Holy moly!!!! I am gutted for you mate I really am!! :( I'm sure you will have some nice bits to sell to try and get some money back! I honestly am stunned!
Glad your ok pal !
All that matters is the fact that I walked away from it mate! :smiley:

Writing a post in a bit with ALL of the parts available :cool:

Here are a couple more pics of the damage...

Still can't get how I have had a side impact crash, and the drivers door is virtually untouched and fully functioning!! I'm not superstitious, but it is weird! :huh:

New intercooler is, erm, not as big as when I bought it! :grin:

Struggled to get the spare wheel out, as the car had such force from the side impact!

When I managed to prize open the bonnet, the S3 strut brace had a slight upwards curve in it, where it had transferred the force, to the opposing strut. Had this not been fitted to the car, the damage would have been substantially greater!! :lipsrsealed: Go buy an S3 strut brace people!! It might just save your life! :wink:

Offline xtetx

• I live here
  • started as a 1.6 now we here
« Reply #41 on: 18 March 2013, 16:46 »
No air bags went off!!

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
« Reply #42 on: 18 March 2013, 17:08 »
Another friend in a mk4 spun not long ago and car caught fire. The thing that saved his life.....a strut brace.

Not only does it help handling it can save your life.

What's your plans for a car now then tony? What about your bumpers? Shame u never got them on but hopefully u can sell them on before he paints them?
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline xtetx

• I live here
  • started as a 1.6 now we here
« Reply #43 on: 18 March 2013, 17:29 »
Another friend in a mk4 spun not long ago and car caught fire. The thing that saved his life.....a strut brace.

Not only does it help handling it can save your life.

What's your plans for a car now then tony? What about your bumpers? Shame u never got them on but hopefully u can sell them on before he paints them?

if there is a r32 front sat in LC3X, well, i think id wee my pants...

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 18 March 2013, 23:42 »
I wish I had taken a pic of the strut brace, but it's too late now. As I said though, it wasn't horrendously distorted, just a slight upwards camber. It certainly prevented any more of the car folding in in itself! I forgot to add, the strut brace spread so much force to the other side, that the top mount got destroyed and the shock has dropped out of the strut altogether!! :lipsrsealed:

Quite possibly the best thing I invested in!! :smiley:

As for bumpers, (no r32 front - it's smooth with Anni balance smoothed in), they never got painted, so i'll probably just sell them on, after paying Sham for the work he has done :undecided:

As for car... Hoping to have something sorted by the end of the month! :evil:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 18 March 2013, 23:43 »
No air bags went off!!
None!! :huh: