Author Topic: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI  (Read 37440 times)

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
Re: sveed1.8T - '01 GT TDI
« Reply #20 on: 06 May 2012, 22:54 »
Thought I should update this with the pics from my recent mod of fitting the 3" air feed pipe into my airbox :smiley:

Was a right little bugger of a job, as there is literally only just enough room for a pipe this wide, n that included having to rearrange the postioning of several parts, but it was worth it! :cool:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 10 May 2012, 21:56 »
Just been to the Bodyshop to drop off all the bits I'm having sprayed :smiley:

-Smooth front bumper
-Front Anni valance (ABS rep)
-R32 side skirts (ABS rep)
-R32 rear bumper (genuine)
-R32 spoiler (genuine)

Really looking forward to seeing the finished article, especially as I'm having the Anni valance smoothed into the front bumper :cool:

Pics will be uploaded as soon as I get everything back! :afro:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 26 June 2012, 16:58 »
Right, whilst I had a bit of spare time, I thought i'd go about doing my own DIY Audi TT wheel arch mod! :smiley:

I bought my vent for a grand total of £3.99 from HomeBase! :laugh:

When I removed the arch, I got a bit of a surprise with the amount of crap that had built up! :sick:

After cleaning all of the crap out, I cut a rectangle out of the wheel arch, sprayed the vent black, n screwed it into place.

After refitting the arch, it looked like this :smiley:

As I had the wheel arch out, I chose to trim the foam that sits on the inside of the wings, as it's this that causes the arches to rust (which mine have)!

As the foam has rotted away my wheel arch already, I thought I'd treat myself to some of these :cool:

Completely smoothed wings!! :cool:
« Last Edit: 26 June 2012, 18:26 by sveed1.8T »

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
« Reply #23 on: 26 June 2012, 17:12 »
Looks like you done a good job mate.

What does the vent do  :undecided: lol. Everyone always says how much crap sits under there arch when they take the skirts off. Scary really  :sad:

Any news on the bits yet?
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 26 June 2012, 18:40 »
Looks like you done a good job mate.

What does the vent do  :undecided: lol. Everyone always says how much crap sits under there arch when they take the skirts off. Scary really  :sad:

Any news on the bits yet?
Stop clogging up my build thread Jon! This isn't DubRides! :grin: :tongue:

I always go on the basis, that if they put it as standard on the TT, there has to be some benefit! Which is why I've also got the S3 upper strut brace! :smiley:

I think the logic behind the vent, is that as cool air flows through the SMIC, it heats up, and then cannot freely exit the cavity behind the intercooler. As a result of this, you end up with a pocket of warm air constantly sitting behind the intercooler, therefore making it 'marginally' hotter than it could be if you were able to let this hot air escape. With the vent into the wheel arch, the hot air coming from the intercooler can then freely flow straight out and reduce the heat in the cavity! :nerd: Or something like that anyway :laugh:

I didnt even get round to doing the passenger side, so I'd imagine it'll be just as bad! :undecided:

No news yet, but patience is the key!! :rolleyes:

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
« Reply #25 on: 26 June 2012, 18:51 »
Stop moaning  :drool:

Give me a text when u pick them up and I can meet u over there only 25mins away  :smiley:
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 19 August 2012, 18:58 »
I know it has been a long arse time since I last posted on here, but it's not for me not doing stuff to the car! :rolleyes:

The trouble is, I start one mod, n see something else, then start that, n just hadn't got round to finishing anything! At the moment, on the go, I've got:

Project black headlining
Immo3 Bora sport clocks (to be fitted)
Honeycomb upper and lower grills
STILL waiting back on my bodywork

However, here's something I started, n finished! :grin:

Love it!!! :cool:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 28 October 2012, 16:34 »
Project 'black headlining' is 95% complete, just need to finish the door sills, and then I'll get pics uploaded! :smiley:

Saw this on eBay, and have wanted one for a while...

It's a genuine article from a Polo, as I didn't want the cheap chrome version being sold! :sick: It ties in with my Ibiza knob and brushed Ali interior just nicely! :cool:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 09 November 2012, 20:51 »
Right, biggest update in a while :cool:

Started off by changing my pollen filter and fuel filter, in preparation of the service I am due. I also changed the coolant tank as well, as I was getting pissed off at the 'STOP... Check coolant' message coming up everytime I started the car! :lipsrsealed: Look how crappy the old one is compared to the lovely fresh one! :laugh:

...and fitted :smiley:

I have also got round to finishing off the headlining, and as promised, I have got pics to show the work :wink: I am so pleased with the finish, especially with the contrast of the black carpets and cream leathers! :cool:

And I also managed to replace those grubby cream seatbelts!! :sick:

I've also gone and bought a TT front arb! :rolleyes: In preparation of going lower?? Maybe :evil:

With an update like that, don't expect to hear from me until the new year!! :whistle: :grin:

Offline sveed1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 January 2013, 21:42 »
Happy New Year! Told you I wouldn't post until now! :whistle:

Nothing too exciting, as I've got my MOT due soon, but this was a pig of a job, so I thought I'd take pics, as it was an achievement and a half! :smiley:

Track rod arms and ends (the whole god damn thing)...

Old miserable one..

Lovely new one..

This was made harder by a number of factors, lack of space, laying on my side most of the time, and the bloody nuts on the track rod ends unscrewing so far before the whole bolt would turn in the track rod end!! :angry: It meant that I had to use a junior hacksaw (only thing I had available) to sheer the feckers off! :evil:

Note: To anyone changing these, there is a distinct lack of space on the drivers side, so good luck! :laugh:

Needless to say, both sides are done, everything is tracked up, and time to cross fingers for the MOT! :lipsrsealed: