Author Topic: Used approved - long time on forecourt  (Read 2563 times)

Offline RG1825

• Just got here
Used approved - long time on forecourt
« on: 02 October 2020, 23:19 »
Been watching a GTI mk7 for 8 weeks now that hasn’t sold at a dealer and has been reduced £1k from original asking...

Is it possible that it’s a dud, despite used approved status? Generally thought that used approved cars were well-selected etc

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Used approved - long time on forecourt
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2020, 08:54 »
If I was selling something and after 2 months it hadn't sold, what would I do? Reduce the price.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2020, 09:42 »
Been watching a GTI mk7 for 8 weeks now that hasn’t sold at a dealer and has been reduced £1k from original asking...

Is it possible that it’s a dud, despite used approved status? Generally thought that used approved cars were well-selected etc

Only one way to find out....
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2020, 17:32 »
there is a 19 plate mk7 gti with 6k on the clock at a main dealer that ive had my eyes on since may this year, they have only dropped £200 off its price  :laugh: they still want the best part of 24k :laugh:
Mk6 Gti - current daily
Mk3 16v Anni - retired daily now parked on 200,300 miles

Offline RG1825

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2020, 09:08 »
there is a 19 plate mk7 gti with 6k on the clock at a main dealer that ive had my eyes on since may this year, they have only dropped £200 off its price  :laugh: they still want the best part of 24k :laugh:

Haha yeah this is £1k off a 2014 that was already one of the cheapest around...  :huh:

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2020, 12:29 »

Haha yeah this is £1k off a 2014 that was already one of the cheapest around...  :huh:

if its the car you want then go for it but i expect prices will drop when the mk8 GTi is released
Mk6 Gti - current daily
Mk3 16v Anni - retired daily now parked on 200,300 miles