Author Topic: Recommend me some cleaning products!  (Read 8831 times)

Offline Cornish Pixie

• Not said much yet
  • If I'm not on line I am polishing somebody's ride
Re: Recommend me some cleaning products!
« Reply #30 on: 24 April 2008, 18:14 »
I did a silly thing, but I couldn't wait lol!

I went into my local car shop place thingy majiggy, and the guys in there are really cool, and ended up spending £90 on everything I need lol! It's all Maguiars so not the end of the world, but I got it all now...

Now you've got all of the kit, it might be worth having a look on Detailing world - there are loads of good guides on there which will help you get the most out of your new pile of cleaning kit.
www.kcpv.co.uk
www.karlssoncollins.com

Professional Valeting And Detailing

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 25 April 2008, 23:46 »
I did a silly thing, but I couldn't wait lol!

I went into my local car shop place thingy majiggy, and the guys in there are really cool, and ended up spending £90 on everything I need lol! It's all Maguiars so not the end of the world, but I got it all now...

Now you've got all of the kit, it might be worth having a look on Detailing world - there are loads of good guides on there which will help you get the most out of your new pile of cleaning kit.

so what did you get then??

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #32 on: 26 April 2008, 00:08 »
I'm gonna get shot I know I will, but it was all Meguiar stuff, from the mitt to the wax. Please don't hurt me... lol! I've used it all today, and the results are fantastic, the green is so much more vibrant, and the feel of the body is smooth as glass (thanks to the clay.)

Just gotta see how it lasts now.

P.S. When I got my VR splitter today, why the hell was it so hard to put on...people say give it persuasion...I had to give it a promise that I'd let it sleep with my gf!!! LOL!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 26 April 2008, 00:29 »
I'm gonna get shot I know I will, but it was all Meguiar stuff, from the mitt to the wax. Please don't hurt me... lol! I've used it all today, and the results are fantastic, the green is so much more vibrant, and the feel of the body is smooth as glass (thanks to the clay.)

P.S. When I got my VR splitter today, why the hell was it so hard to put on...people say give it persuasion...I had to give it a promise that I'd let it sleep with my gf!!! LOL!

nothing wrong with megs fella... that was about what i spent on my first 'bundle' - it's a slippery slope from here... ask elite how much I have spent with them!

welcome to the OCD society  :laugh:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #34 on: 26 April 2008, 00:33 »

nothing wrong with megs fella... that was about what i spent on my first 'bundle' - it's a slippery slope from here... ask elite how much I have spent with them!

welcome to the OCD society  :laugh:

LMAO! Phew! I just walked into the shop and thought I can't be arsed waiting for delivery, even if it would of saved me £30 haha! Happy with the Megs results though, got a nice lot of little scratches and dinks out with the paint cleaner which made me smile!

I can also now see myself in the reflection of the paint...never had that before!

What I do need however is black trim restorer that doesn't suck...the one I got is pants!!!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #35 on: 26 April 2008, 00:45 »
try cheapy shoe polish - its cheap, so you can buy loads of it. And I heard it is quite good for what it is. Worth a try for like £1 or what eva it is.

LL ;)