Author Topic: An 8.21 BTG on the Nurburgring in my MK2 Golf.  (Read 12576 times)

Offline 8pot

• GTI forum regular
Re: An 8.21 BTG on the Nurburgring in my MK2 Golf.
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2011, 00:48 »
Just watched lap again.  Your car does not seem that fast if the speedo is accurate.  I got to 140 on the stretch before the right hander that drops into foxholes.  Yours looked like 110ish.  You must have some awesome lines, because you are not doing those times with power.  Big respect  :smiley:

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 01 May 2011, 23:44 »
hello  Nige  impressive lap that, good to meet you over there at the weekend thanks for the suggestions were to try for parts etc i'm one of the  Andy's with the  broken silver mk4 ,we managed to get a coil pack tuesday afternoon and some laps in tuesday evening ,i'll be over to northloop to say hello and thanks in the week all the best andy

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2011, 08:14 »
8pot, my speedo is almost spot on. VMax is 126 on the way downhill towards Schwedencreuz and 125 in the foxhole. I manage the heady heights of 105 going up kesselchen  :grin:

Its all about momentum and being smooth for me, as you say, I don`t have the power to make up time on the straights.

Andy, really pleased to hear you got the coilpack sorted and managed to get some laps in before coming home !

Offline rob.043

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 26 August 2011, 08:47 »
any chance of a link to the cars build thread? Always a treat to flick through someones hard labour!

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 26 August 2011, 10:31 »
Yeah, here you go, a cup of coffee and a spare hour or 2 may be handy  :grin:. http://www.northloop.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4332-Nigels-2nd-Golf-MK2-Trackcar.
The latest Aero improvements had made a noticeable difference.  :smiley:

Here is a `chase` lap from my mates M3 following me from my trip the other week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzKC2r0Yj4
« Last Edit: 26 August 2011, 10:33 by Nige »

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #15 on: 27 August 2011, 12:12 »
had a quick read through the aero bits you put on, good to see it all works! if you are running a tall block you can use a short block manifold to your advantage to tuck the exhaust up into the tunnel if you ever wanted to go lower and raise the floor a bit. but i suppose the fuel tank would be in the way then!

Offline Nige

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 27 August 2011, 13:06 »
Didn`t know about the short block manifold. Good info.

However, if I raised the floor, it would mean raising the splitter and (within reason), the lower that is to the ground, the better, so raising the floor would be counter productive  :wink:

The diffuser is as close as possible to the fuel tank already too.

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2011, 00:55 »
next step has to be fuel cell i'm thinking and brig it inside the car or under where the rear bench once was.   

allows the back of the car to be chopped about a bit more as well as bringing weight in between the wheels
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #18 on: 28 August 2011, 08:40 »
the next step after that is sprung loaded skirts, ground effect baby  :laugh:

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #19 on: 28 August 2011, 12:32 »
DH linked me to your project thread the other day and in all honesty I thought you were taking the piss out of someone or was a wind up with the aero stuff but glad it does work for you.

loving the chat between your mate and his kid :grin: "whats that smell?" :grin:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.