Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 317983 times)

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #1070 on: 25 June 2013, 00:30 »
The article doesn't just say 3weeks, it gives exact dates.  Call me an optimist, I'm going with 3 not 4! :grin:

Offline GtG

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1071 on: 25 June 2013, 07:11 »
Build week that was confirmed yesterday and now showing on the tracker is still BW32. Well at least it's confirmed now :)
Ordered: Mk7 GTI | 3-Door | Pure White | DSG | Leather | Performance Pack | 19" Santiago | DynAudio

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1072 on: 25 June 2013, 07:49 »
The article doesn't just say 3weeks, it gives exact dates.  Call me an optimist, I'm going with 3 not 4! :grin:

Not only does it name the dates, but given the fact that the shutdown ends on the 2nd of August, that implies to me that they only work Monday to Friday rather than a 24/7 CSP pattern. Makes sense I suppose, i'd be far more confident in a car that was build during dayshift than nightshift (if you ever got to know). I used to work CSPs and you aren't very productive in the night!

GtG's post would also imply that the shutdown is only for BW29-31 inclusive (3 weeks) seeing as his confirmed BW is on what would have been the 4th week of shutdown. Also, gettiing confirmed at this stage, 4 production weeks away from actual build (not 4 calendar weeks away) implies to me that my BW33 will be confirmed next week on the tracker if it hasn't slipped another week or 2 since I last checked.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1073 on: 25 June 2013, 08:30 »
If GtG has it confirmed that his is BW32 it does imply that the VW Executive Offuce were indeed telling me porkies - shocker - but at least now with mine at BW33 it won't be the first week back from their hols  :wink:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline NickNotts

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1074 on: 25 June 2013, 11:38 »

I'm wk33 now too matchboym, so fingers crossed it now stays that way. Went from 32 to 33 a week ago!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #1075 on: 25 June 2013, 11:44 »

I'm wk33 now too matchboym, so fingers crossed it now stays that way. Went from 32 to 33 a week ago!

There's quite a few of us at BW33 so that's a good sign, I think! Fingers crossed for all of us!!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #1076 on: 25 June 2013, 13:42 »
My build week 26 jumped to 32 on Friday. Just had an email from the dealer.

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #1077 on: 25 June 2013, 13:45 »

sh!t.  Sorry for you man.  Did they give a reason?

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1078 on: 25 June 2013, 13:53 »

The dealer should've heard long before now about the delay, but that's quite a fall back (3 production weeks in reality (if you take the shutdown into account) - any recent order changes at your end?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #1079 on: 25 June 2013, 13:55 »
Well, my build week is confirmed now according to the online tracker.  I just called my personal contact at VW Customer Services Exec Office, and it is officially (currently!)...

So, w/c 5th August, and she told me that unless something major changes, there is no reason that should change.  Looks like delivery around the end of August then...only a couple of months now.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep