Author Topic: Going extraordinary lengths for things.  (Read 16236 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: Going extraordinary lengths for things.
« Reply #70 on: 14 February 2019, 21:59 »
Do it, do it, do it!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #71 on: 14 February 2019, 22:16 »
Do it, do it, do it!

But if I open my wallet my collection of moths might escape...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 15 February 2019, 05:52 »
Sure, installed one first week the car arrived... the one from the Skoda parts site.

I ordered a couple of these for mine and the wifes. they look pretty good. should have come like that from the factory
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #73 on: 15 February 2019, 11:49 »
Yeah, surprised how many of the performance Audi's don't have them either.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #74 on: 22 February 2019, 20:57 »
Do it, do it, do it!

@ Watts, the darkened tails make a big visual difference which you’ll appreciate when admiring the car whenever you look at it. Bear in mind they’ll be worth a few quid when you sell them back on again offsetting a lot of the cost unlike wine or beer which just goes round the U bend or over someone’s front lawn on the way home from the pub.  :whistle:

Done it! Ordered a set of rear R lights today, still a bit concerned about my wallet but a rather nice bottle of red loosened up the purse strings :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #75 on: 22 February 2019, 21:07 »
Do it, do it, do it!

@ Watts, the darkened tails make a big visual difference which you’ll appreciate when admiring the car whenever you look at it. Bear in mind they’ll be worth a few quid when you sell them back on again offsetting a lot of the cost unlike wine or beer which just goes round the U bend or over someone’s front lawn on the way home from the pub.  :whistle:

Done it! Ordered a set of rear R lights today, still a bit concerned about my wallet but a rather nice bottle of red loosened up the purse strings :laugh:

Nice Watts!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #76 on: 22 February 2019, 21:19 »
Nice Watts!

Cheers :smiley: I've been mulling it over for a couple of years :rolleyes: but I think it's going to make a real difference to the looks of the back end. Thanks to all for egging me on (I think!).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #77 on: 24 February 2019, 16:10 »
Congrats Watts! As per the thread title, waiting two years was going to extraordinary lengths!
 :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #78 on: 24 February 2019, 17:06 »
Congrats Watts! As per the thread title, waiting two years was going to extraordinary lengths!

Indeed! Just been delivered too, look great. The seller dropped them off in the donor R which he had changed to 7.5 rear lights. He'd done a few smart mods on his car, the Cadiz wheels had parts blacked out so they looked like thin spokes, looked much better. He also had an Akrapovich exhaust (not sure how far back it went) which had a very nice tone, tail pipes looked very good too :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #79 on: 24 February 2019, 17:26 »

Indeed! Just been delivered too, look great. The seller dropped them off in the donor R which he had changed to 7.5 rear lights. He'd done a few smart mods on his car, the Cadiz wheels had parts blacked out so they looked like thin spokes, looked much better. He also had an Akrapovich exhaust (not sure how far back it went) which had a very nice tone, tail pipes looked very good too :smiley:

Is this just a straight simple swop of the whole light cluster?