Author Topic: Argh! Windscreen chip  (Read 2982 times)

Offline TomS_

• Not said much yet
Argh! Windscreen chip
« on: 26 January 2014, 23:43 »
Really annoying situation.

Mid december I ended up receiving a small rock off the back of a dump trunk into my windscreen, cracking it terminally. I had it replaced last Monday, and while out driving today it has been chipped again. Already, after not even a week! :angry:

The replacement was an insurance job with £75 excess, but what can I do about this chip?

Ive heard you can have it "patched" via resin injection, which I assume I should be able to claim under insurance again (fully comp), but damn I want my undamaged windscreen back. :cry:
---

Mk6 GTD, MY12, candy white

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
Re: Argh! Windscreen chip
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2014, 12:33 »
yes, usually anything less than a £1 coin can be repaired, however, you can still notice the repair. although only when you really look for it.

i had one repaired that was around £2 sized, however, when i rang autoglass for a quote they said they will try fix it but theres a chance it will crack the windscreen, if it does i have to pay for the cost of fixing it and a new windscreen! i promptly hung up and rang a mate of a mate who said he would repair it if he can for £15 if it cracks he will replace the windscreen for £90 and write off the payment for the repair.

im now onto my 4th windscreen! (In 4 years!) i much like you have a excess with my insurance, however just find it easier to pay the added tenner for him to do it and not go through insurance (especially after a mate claimed for his windscreen then when his years policy was up he found out it counted as a claim and he only got a years ncb that could be used with that same company!)

Offline TomS_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2014, 22:27 »
Agh!

Got hit by another stone tonight and while it didnt actually crack the glass it has left a mark.

Seriously what are these things made of? Hopes and dreams???? :shocked:

---

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2014, 12:51 »
Agh!

Got hit by another stone tonight and while it didnt actually crack the glass it has left a mark.

Seriously what are these things made of? Hopes and dreams???? :shocked:

Where do you live?! The Himalayas?
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline TomS_

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2014, 21:41 »
Where do you live?! The Himalayas?

Not last time I checked. :grin:
---