Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 98559 times)

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #30 on: 18 March 2021, 12:04 »
My climate sync works as does my phone connection,at least something works on this guinea pig car lol.

Goes in tomorrow for it’s new steering wheel and more updates.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #31 on: 18 March 2021, 12:07 »
My climate sync works as does my phone connection,at least something works on this guinea pig car lol.

Sync stays on day after day?

Do you have an OBD tool to look at your software versions? I'd be really interested in seeing how yours looks at the moment...

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 18 March 2021, 12:36 »
I have the climate control sync issue as well. I have to set it every time, which defeats the object slightly...

I’m booked in for a software update Friday so will report back.

How did you manage to book in did you have a number of other issues. phone etc?

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 18 March 2021, 20:02 »

Sync stays on day after day?

Do you have an OBD tool to look at your software versions? I'd be really interested in seeing how yours looks at the moment...

Yep sync stays on always,I’ve locked the rear too so my little boy doesn’t alter it.
Sorry I don’t have an obd tool so can’t help with that right now,will look into ordering one.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 18 March 2021, 20:38 »
What version of the infotainment software do you have then Dave? You can get that straight from the dashboard, you don't need obd.

I'm wondering if the sync issue is the infotainment version or the aircon version...

I've got 1666 with the sync problem.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2021, 21:16 »
I’ve got 1664

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 18 March 2021, 21:37 »
OK let's see where you go from there...

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 19 March 2021, 16:26 »
Right so after a day in VW, I have gone from 1666 to 1668. The car was sent in for a variety of issues (car play disconnections, hit and miss keyless entry, random crashes, profile log outs, driver warning errors etc etc).

Its too early to say whether 1668 fixes any of them, strangely enough the car started OTA software updates when i set off from the garage that still havent completed so no idea what thats doing (could just be those user manual updates), suspect it wont take it any further than 1668...

But, without asking they are replacing the steering wheel next week which they say is linked to the driver warning errors.

I asked why the sat nav doesnt show on the driver display and they flat out claim its not a feature of the Mark 8, despite what people are saying on here. Seems to tally with Fred saying 1788 is linked to the infotainment system part number. I showed them the image off here with someone with 1788 so they asked me to email that over and they would investigate further.

To help with this could somebody with 1788 and sat nav on their driver display able to send me a photo of their software version and just a shot of it on the display? I have managed to find the latter on youtube videos, but they are of German LHD cars, so they will spot the German mapping and KM/H. If someone could help me source a UK spec car showing the same that would be very helpful please.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #38 on: 19 March 2021, 16:49 »
Thanks for the post, General. 

Any chance you are able to check if your update has enabled wireless Android Auto, please?

So, did you ring them to highlight the faults and got told to go in, or did you just turn up to do so and they had a look there and then?
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 19 March 2021, 17:02 »
So mine went in today for a new steering wheel,this is positive as I now have no warning messages at all.

Also when I now press the button on the end of the left stalk it gives me a list of things I can turn on or off,acc side assist,front assist etc. Before the wheel replacement it only offered the option to turn off lane assist.

They also said Vw insist we can’t have maps on the AID, I have told them that’s not an acceptable answer and that I will be rejecting the car....asked me to wait a week while they see what can be done.

I’m not interested in the map.....I don’t even use sat nav,but I do want it all working.

It’s been in twice for updates but I’m still on 1664, so they must be able to just update individual items.