Author Topic: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?  (Read 13164 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?
« Reply #50 on: 04 December 2020, 15:52 »
But I got a settlement figure my GTI Performance this year and that was £19.5k. Probably a bit cheaper than you could get one retail but there wasn't enough for it go through my trade contacts so let them pick it up.

Settlement is going to be outstanding balance + interest yet unpaid (ie the full amount they would have earnt from you if you kept paying until the end) + some sort of admin fee.

There probably is some sort of graph you could plot that would show cost to payoff vs trade value and I doubt if it makes much sense until at least 70% through the term, maybe even later. It will depend on the car though.

I meant a final value at the end of the 2-year lease.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Spittfire

• Not said much yet
« Reply #51 on: 17 January 2021, 12:16 »
Do many of the TCR owners hit the over £40k luxury car tax bracket?
2014 GTD DSG Carbon Grey (Stolen)
2018 GTI PP DSG Isaac Blue, Brescias (Sold)
2020 GTI TCR Pure Grey (Sold)
2018 GTD DSG Indium Grey (Current)

Ex: Clio Williams2, GTI MkIII, GTI MkIV, Audi TT, GTD MkV, A3 S-Line, GTD Mk6, GTD Mk7, Evoque, GTI PP, BMW 320 Touring

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 17 January 2021, 13:10 »
Most 19 plate cars should be okay but when they added the Akrapovic exhaust they upped the base price for 69 plate cars so just adding 19s would put a car in the luxury tax range.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 17 January 2021, 17:16 »
Most 19 plate cars should be okay but when they added the Akrapovic exhaust they upped the base price for 69 plate cars so just adding 19s would put a car in the luxury tax range.

When I did the deal for my current car back in Feb last year, the dealer had a Grey TCR in their showroom. It was being offered at a ‘special discounted’ price, but I remember that the discounted price was still quite a bit in excess of £40k. It had the Akrapovic exhaust and optional 19” Reifnitz alloys and looked great :cool:.

Even if it’d been possible to get them below their ‘special discounted’ price by haggling, the £40k+ list price pushed it into the luxury VED band.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 17 January 2021, 19:13 »
I've got Akra exhaust, DCC, dynaudio, heated front screen and grey colour and still wasn't above the luxury tax.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 17 January 2021, 20:47 »
I've got Akra exhaust, DCC, dynaudio, heated front screen and grey colour and still wasn't above the luxury tax.

How are you getting on with your TCR, all good?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 18 January 2021, 13:08 »

was one of the lucky few who ordered before the MY 20 changes and so the Akrapovic being a now standard fit proved to be a freebie and so it was well under the £40,000 for me also, and do love the Akrapovic, they look great for starters and clean so easily compared to the chrome on the R but I still would not pay for the Akrapovic as an upgrade unless had no eye on budget, which usually have to, but feel lucked out on passing on another R and getting the TCR as really love it across the board in looks, performance and agility as well as all the usual Golf features that make for ease of living with.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #57 on: 18 January 2021, 13:39 »

I've only done 3000 miles since last July but it's a great car. 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 19 January 2021, 09:19 »

I've only done 3000 miles since last July but it's a great car. 👍

had a burst of mileage late summer early autumn as managed to get about more, but just clocked 7000 miles, about 4000 miles down on what would expect this far into ownership. Normally do circa, 27000 miles over 3 years, imagine thats going to be more 20,0000 this go around when 3 years is up, which adds to case to keep and not changeover, which have always done previously.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #59 on: 21 January 2021, 00:29 »
Do many of the TCR owners hit the over £40k luxury car tax bracket?

Yes. I'm a bit annoyed as the dealer made all sorts of claims that he'd be able to avoid it, presumably to get a sale. I shouldn't have been so naive. Not a big deal financially but it's still quite annoying having to pay so much for tax, especially at the moment with the car barely moving.

Can't wait till I pay off enough of the finance to be able to sell the car and break even tbh. I'm just going to buy a regular GTI from 2-3 years ago instead and if I miss the power (unlikely on UK roads), I will shell out for some modifications.