Author Topic: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?  (Read 13235 times)

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
Re: How many fellow TCR owners are there on here?
« Reply #30 on: 02 December 2020, 09:08 »
I'm based on the south coast (built up part) and I've only seen two since launch (one red, one grey) which certainly suggests they are pretty exclusive.

It was interesting to see Andrew Chapple's new S3 vs M135i vid this wk (in which he gives the win to the BMW pretty clearly depsite being a VAG man) - was a shame he didn't compare the M135i to his own TCR (which he clearly loves).

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 02 December 2020, 10:54 »
Warwickshire based but travel to East Anglia frequently (when allowed) and London for work once every two weeks and so far I've seen three TCR's on the road - Pure Grey 5 door in Stratford on Avon, Pure White 5 door on the A14 at Cambridge and Andy Chapple himself in his Pure Grey 3 door on the A435 near Kings Heath.

Total number of TCR's registered isn't that dissimilar to the total number of Lamborghini Gallardo's shown on howmanyleft and I've only seen one of those on the road in the last year or so, although they are slightly less likely to be used as a daily I imagine...
TCR 3 door

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #32 on: 02 December 2020, 12:36 »
Could be wrong but I suspect 90% of the Gallardo's are within the M25 perimiter but only 10% of the TCR's...

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 02 December 2020, 13:23 »
Talking of Mr Volkswizard and TCR’s, Ive just seen his vid advertising atlasgrey’s beautiful ex-TCR
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 03 December 2020, 13:24 »
Still to see another on road in Herts/Beds corridor.

Am a Volkswizard subscriber so do get to see all his videos and Atlas Grey has let go of a real good un there, but understand the reasoning as making the effort to get out and do some miles, even if its just to travel out for a scenic walk, but was 3000 miles down on previous year (my average is 9000 miles most years) and unless shackles really come off in second half of 2021 can see it being a similar 6000 given only did 200 miles last month! Going to be a lot of low mileage cars around in next few years.

Have to decide on next change March 2022 so have quite a bit of time yet, but if was looking now it would be a complete pass on the MK 8 with only 2 cars that would look at being the new BMW i.28Ti and the AMG A35 when it face lifts, as did like it, but think it did need another cycle of improvement and that must be soon, with hope they put in a detuned A45 opposed to the overtuned A250

The thinking presently is that keep the TCR beyond the 3 years and would take something significantly attractive to shift that thinking as getting bored and changing for changing sake is not likely.

The only car that would be tempted by is a 2-3 year old RS3 before petrol cars are sent to the naughty corner, but that would take a lot of diligence before pulled trigger on, and maybe staying with the TCR would be best regardless given nothing dislike about it.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline CaliChris

• Just got here
« Reply #35 on: 03 December 2020, 16:04 »
TCR owner here. Had it a month now, love it!
Tornado Red GTi TCR 5dr

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 03 December 2020, 16:24 »
Just one more needed for a baker's dozen!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 03 December 2020, 16:59 »
Another one here in bristol where quite a few resides. Seen three grey, one red and one white.
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 03 December 2020, 17:46 »
Another one here in bristol where quite a few resides. Seen three grey, one red and one white.

Hurrah!

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 03 December 2020, 19:23 »
Really enjoyed the TCR but in the same place as most in not being able to use it much.

Did consider going down to one car between me and the wife, maybe a Nardo RSQ3.... Going to wait and see where things sit around Easter before committing epithet way.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass