Author Topic: Aagghh bloody thing.  (Read 1695 times)

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
Aagghh bloody thing.
« on: 21 January 2012, 16:53 »
Ok been fiddling with my new bora today. Been trying to sort out the sound system.
It already has all door speakers wired up as normal. But has a nice pair of 6x9's in the parcel shelf and I want to put my sub and amp in the boot. All the wiring is still in the car from the previous owners install. Ok so wired it all up ready to go. Only thing is the power cable for the amp. I'm getting no power.
Looked under the bonnet for the fuse and to make sure it's attached to the battery but I can't find it anywhere. So I traced it back from the boot and it looks like it goes into the back of the fuse box where all the relays are. Do you recon they have it wired into fuse box and they have just taken a fuse put when they took there install out? Is that something normaly done into the fuse box? Don't realy want to start sticking fuses into holes that I don't no what there for incase I bigger sumit up.

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
Re: Aagghh bloody thing.
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2012, 23:20 »
Just for piece of mind I would run new cables from the batt to the amp - then you know it has been done correctly.
Same with the ground - make sure that is of the same thickness!

With regards to the sub and 6x9 combo most people will shy away from it as it imo makes it sound really crap - unless the 6x9 are boxed separtly and not using the same airspace as the sub

What are your plans audio wise with the bora?

Offline 16valver dan

• Here all the time
  • 1.8 20v turbo MK4 Golf
Re: Aagghh bloody thing.
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2012, 14:59 »
cable from batt safer option buddy as iv had a car before with it wired into the fuse box accidently my daughter overloaded the amp pushing volume up when i was in shop and it obliterated my fusebox
il update the sig when i get a good photoshoot ;)