Author Topic: Timing Chain tensioner Failure List (timing issue)- Please Update with Your Info  (Read 362537 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Spoke to the guys at VW Crosshills and asked if there was any chance i could drop my car off a week early as it really started to sound bad (even worse than the video i posted).

30 mins later called me back and said "yeah sure - we will wiggle some stuff about and get you one by this afternoon sir" - so i now have this baby, 1.2 Polo. Not a bad car apart from the cornering.

So they have my car booked in for the 7th - 9th. So the worry of it going bang is over  :rolleyes:

PS - the guys @ VW crosshills = Amazing Service

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Snoopy, are you able to post dates/year and details of tensioner revisions in this thread.  Might help newcomers find out what version their new/potential car might have.

I know a search would probably bring up the info but handy to have it in here with all the other vital info.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 03 January 2014, 21:00 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
Spoke to the guys at VW Crosshills and asked if there was any chance i could drop my car off a week early as it really started to sound bad (even worse than the video i posted).

30 mins later called me back and said "yeah sure - we will wiggle some stuff about and get you one by this afternoon sir" - so i now have this baby, 1.2 Polo. Not a bad car apart from the cornering.

So they have my car booked in for the 7th - 9th. So the worry of it going bang is over  :rolleyes:

PS - the guys @ VW crosshills = Amazing Service

I left my car there on the 30th December and drove back to MK in a polo R Line, looks great but no much go.

Glad Crosshills VW are looking after you, just a shame that the chain is on back order, will update when I get my car back sometime this month.
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Snoopy, are you able to post dates/year and details of tensioner revisions in this thread.  Might help newcomers find out what version their new/potential car might have.

I know a search would probably bring up the info but handy to have it in here with all the other vital info.

Thanks
I would if I knew them exactly,
I posted on page 1 a quote from mike about the latest tensioner revision release date been 01/05/2012.
I posted on page 5 post 3 from me that the first revision tensioner date as quoted as been fitted from production week 20 2010. (17/05/2010)

I cleaned up my post on page 5 to make it easier to read and highlighted the main posts and headings.
« Last Edit: 03 January 2014, 23:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict

Thanks
I would if I knew them exactly,
I posted on page 1 a quote from mike about the latest tensioner revision release date been 01/05/2012
I posted on page 5 post 3 from me that the first revision tensioner date as quoted as been fitted from production week 20 2010.

Cheers.   Sorry mate, don't know how I missed that, lol.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
I have just updated my post on page one to help make the dates more clearer and easier too find. :smiley:

RocketRossuk Good to hear mate I was very worried about yours.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2014, 00:00 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
I have just updated my post on page one to help make the dates more clearer and easier too find. :smiley:

RocketRossuk Good to hear mate I was very worried about yours.

Great bit of info you've added on there mate! Really makes it clear for anyone now....

Good work  :smiley:
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline mike.

• I live here
I was just doing another check on ETKA and noticed something else.

Cars built up to 30/4/2010

Original tensioner 06H 109 467 N,  New tensioner revision after 01/05/12 06K 109 467 K

Cars built after 30/4/2010

Original tensioner 06H 109 467 T, New tensioner revision after 01/04/12 06H 109 467 AB and then revised again on 01/05/12 to the same part number 06K 109 467 K as above

Also listed along side this with the same tensioner revisions is the CDAA engine, 1.8, 160bhp petrol used in the Skoda Yeti and the Seat Leon MK2 (1P)
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline pryda

• Here all the time
slightly off topic, but I've just checked Euro Car Parts for a timing belt service kit and they don't provide one. do VW provide these?

if so, does anyone have the part numbers and an idea of the price? cheers

2009 MK6 GTi, Candy White 3dr, Stage 1 Revo, Milltek cat back, H&R SuperSport, RNS510, OSRAM kit

Unphased - NorthWest German/VAG/Retro Meet
Every 3rd Thursday Of The Month
http://www.un-phased.co.uk/

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
slightly off topic, but I've just checked Euro Car Parts for a timing belt service kit and they don't provide one. do VW provide these?

if so, does anyone have the part numbers and an idea of the price? cheers
try tps  :wink: