Author Topic: CarPlay and voice control  (Read 970 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
CarPlay and voice control
« on: 24 February 2019, 11:14 »
I didn’t tick the option for voice control on the GTI, will I still be able to use Siri via the steering wheel voice button when using CarPlay or does that require the VW voice option? Not hugely fussed either way but curious to know while I sit patiently waiting for my car to arrive. Incidentally, it was built last week - how long can I expect to have to wait or is it a classic how long is a piece of string question?
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: CarPlay and voice control
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2019, 11:21 »
Siri/ACP works without voice control.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2019, 11:51 »
Excellent. I’m not a fan of voice control per se, but I imagine it’s pretty useful for playing music playlists without having to navigate a touch screen whilst driving over potholes and speed bumps! My A3 has voice rec but it’s pretty poor. It lags quite badly and takes about 10-15 seconds to respond and gets it completely wrong 75% of the time. I presume the native VW system would have been the same hardware/software.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2019, 12:21 »
Excellent. I’m not a fan of voice control per se, but I imagine it’s pretty useful for playing music playlists without having to navigate a touch screen whilst driving over potholes and speed bumps! My A3 has voice rec but it’s pretty poor. It lags quite badly and takes about 10-15 seconds to respond and gets it completely wrong 75% of the time. I presume the native VW system would have been the same hardware/software.
When you have ACP connected and working, Siri is always active and seeks commands from the Mic. No need to press any buttons on the steering wheel.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.