Author Topic: First Post  (Read 2148 times)

Offline dragndrop

• Just got here
First Post
« on: 27 August 2004, 17:50 »
Just joined yesterday, I have a 2000MY GTi 1.8T which I have owned from 25K it is now on 46K and just given me its first problem.
The passenger window dropped into the door on the way home from work on Wednesday! After a bit of research I found it was a common fault and fixed it with the repair kit from VAG, only problem is I bust something in the door lock/handle department. I now have some spare bits that I hope to be able to use to repair my problem but if I don't manage it might be on the look out for some advice.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2004, 18:53 »
hey, welcome to the site :) yeah that seems a very common mk4 problem! sure the mk4 guys will be able to give some help if you need it :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 27 August 2004, 20:09 »
those plastic regulator clips are naff, hope you replaced them with metal ones !
give it a week and i'll have convinced you to spend money on all sorts of tuning options for your motor  8)

welcome aboard mate !

Offline dragndrop

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 27 August 2004, 20:35 »
Yep, I replaced them with the metal clips, cost me ?32.50 for the kit and by doing it myself I saved ?75 on labour although I did have to by some more sockets (?20) and a new door handle mech (about ?14) since I buggered up the old one some how.
Going to put it all back together tomorrow once I take the new part back to the dealer and get them to give me the one for the left side(which I asked for) of the car instead of the right hand side one they gave me!!!
Gives me plenty of practice for when I have to change the drivers side, which will no doubt happen at some point.
Tuning options Mmmmmmmmm, what is the quickest, cheapest and best way to increase power to about 180BHP?

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2004, 20:50 »
do a few quick searches in the mk4 section to get a general idea then make a post in there asking a few questions and i'm sure we can see you right  ;D

Dinky

« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2004, 17:04 »
 8)
Welcome to the forum!

Dinx  :-*