Author Topic: GTI Clubsport S register - JOIN HERE! 75 of the 150 found so far!  (Read 53158 times)

Offline Edward1970

• Just got here
Re: GTI Clubsport S register - JOIN HERE! 75 of the 150 found so far!
« Reply #170 on: 26 December 2023, 16:40 »
Hi, currently looking for a weekend car and these are top of my wishlist. I would prefer a red or black car with A/C as I will be using it for European trips.
Being So limited getting a feeling for values is difficult hence asking here, the best source of information I've found. My budget is up to £35k and wanting to use the car eliminates the sub 10k cars.
I was wandering what you thought of the two cars below in respect of value and anything specific to look for especially the higher mileage one bar general condition.
1: Black ac 2 owner car no 152(not on list) on 46527 miles listed on Ebay @£28500 &
2: Red ac vwfsh car no 235 on 18450  miles listed on AT @£33999 .

Cheers Ed. Merry Xmas
« Last Edit: 26 December 2023, 21:05 by Edward1970 »

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #171 on: 26 December 2023, 21:35 »
Hi, currently looking for a weekend car and these are top of my wishlist. I would prefer a red or black car with A/C as I will be using it for European trips.
Being So limited getting a feeling for values is difficult hence asking here, the best source of information I've found. My budget is up to £35k and wanting to use the car eliminates the sub 10k cars.
I was wandering what you thought of the two cars below in respect of value and anything specific to look for especially the higher mileage one bar general condition.
1: Black ac 2 owner car no 152(not on list) on 46527 miles listed on Ebay @£28500 &
2: Red ac vwfsh car no 235 on 18450  miles listed on AT @£33999 .

Cheers Ed. Merry Xmas
No.235 is on my radar as well.I see it used to be owned by DTUK (Forum Supporter on here).So i don't know the number of owners or if it's been tuned at any point.
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline MASS1

• Just got here
« Reply #172 on: 27 December 2023, 23:03 »
235 looks a very nice car but 5 owners I believe.

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #173 on: 27 December 2023, 23:17 »

Cheers for that.DTUK (first owner) owned it for only 50 miles i believe.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #174 on: 28 December 2023, 09:39 »

Cheers for that.DTUK (first owner) owned it for only 50 miles i believe.
Andrew didn't have it very long. He kept telling me he was keepng that one and sold his white ones. Then i was told he had sold 235. I would have bought it from him back then  if he had said at the time.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #175 on: 28 December 2023, 11:11 »

With used car prices having been stratospheric over the past 3 years or so (seem to have normalised now) and the Clubsport S being a desirable car, some of those owners may have just bought it with the objective of flipping it to make a profit rather than using it.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #176 on: 28 December 2023, 16:29 »

With used car prices having been stratospheric over the past 3 years or so (seem to have normalised now) and the Clubsport S being a desirable car, some of those owners may have just bought it with the objective of flipping it to make a profit rather than using it.

Totally agree.It's seems well priced,A1 history and a clean MOT history (apart from the odd tyre wear here and there).Probably just the time of year stopping it from being snapped up.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #177 on: 28 December 2023, 17:04 »
Condition, condition, condition, always buy on condition.

Imo the black no.152 sounds better, mostly because the red 235 is just that bit too close to Birmingham, but also lower owners will help retain value better for these cars.

But also given the price of these cars and what they are, I'd actually request to take it/them to VW for an inspection including running the paint gauge over them.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline DMD

• Just got here
Hasn't been a lot of activity on this subject recently so thought I'd see if I could kick start some discussion.

Also, after seeing 3no. cars at Bicester Heritage Scramble on Sunday 2no. known to me previously and 1no. new, always satisfying to find a fresh one for the list in the middle of a field that ignites the interest to carry on.

For those interested on how my register has been coming along in the background.

Currently up to 106/150no. now for UK cars but as expected the more you log the harder the last bunch of outstanding vehicles become to find but up to roughly 70% for each colour option at present.

Still have an additional 29no. cars with known plates and photos that can't be linked for certain yet, some will be new cars for sure, some will be changes to existing ownerships of cars already logged.

If anyone's willing to assist, of course I understand not everyone is willing to divulge such information so totally understand if not. No drama.

Those 44no. cars that I have outstanding are:

106, 107, 111, 116, 117, 118, 122, 124, 126, 128, 130, 133, 139, 144, 146, 148, 156, 157, 165, 166, 168, 176, 177, 181, 184, 186, 187, 188, 191, 194, 195, 197, 198, 205, 211, 216, 224, 225, 226, 231, 236, 239, 243 and 249.

Any information or photos if willing to share please get in touch, would all be greatly appreciated.

Few thoughts on the missing cars:

1) Wonder how many UK examples went to Asia in right hand drive Countries, occasionally I catch the odd
    one creep up in Thailand or Hong Kong places like that.

2) Point I never considered till today, wonder how many have been written off totally, does anyone know
    of any, I've never actually seen a crashed one although I'm sure there must be a few. Did see one do
    an off and scuff the underside at Knockhill on the stones a few years back. Hope no one ends up with
    that well looked after example down the line.

Also building up the World list for the other 250no. as I know living in the UK for most of us, we only consider our 150no. and the other 250no. almost don't count but with those black alloys that most have I would almost agree.

Some other interesting facts and figures from the data I have collated to date for UK cars:

I've not heard/seen it officially from VW but seeing it on the worldwide web over the years, the color allocation for UK cars being is noted as follows.

65no. Pearl White              (43%)
58no. Deep Black Pearl      (39%)
27no. Tornado Red            (18%)

In-line with what I know, this is looking like it's going to be spot on I would say.

Other interesting points you often here being referred to.

How many came with Aircon and how many without?

I have logged, 98no. with interior images that I can verify either way. I've got 90no. with Aircon and 8no. without so just less than 10% it would seem. The heat in Summer. Does make me smile when you see it as a selling point mind.

Another one that you rarely see being talked about is registration year.

Naturally a huge percentage are December 2016 logged, a number of 2017 cars in year but not registration wise and I've got 5no. that are genuinely 2017 cars registered from 1st March 2017 onwards i.e. held off most likely to make them rarer or the price mark-up was considered to steep for the time, again this is looking like maybe no more than 5% overall for UK cars.

Mileages is another one that always raises a conversation, those that have them tucked away in Collections and those that tut tut anytime they hear of such examples believing they should be out being used, I get both sides. You pays your money you makes your choices.

I've got 4no. in the 20-30miles bracket. I've got, few more less than 500miles with the highest milage example I know of being 71,500miles + which is nearly 25,000miles more than next on my high mileage list. Yes I've organized them all on a separate tab in ascending order by no.

Question I have and this will be more for anyone who was one of the first time owners, rare I know, what is delivery mileage on a Clubsport S, like noted above I've never seen any with less than 20miles but I recall when I picked up my Golf R new this was on only 4miles. If I was a collector, I'd have the hump if it turned up with 20miles on it personally, recall dreading this going to collect my R but worked out fine in the end.

Best numberplate I've seen, course this is very subjective, GT17 CSS on one of the few 2017 examples that was owned at a point in time by a gentleman I knew but the car has since been sold on a few years back.

Hope some of the above is interesting to a few of you and if anyone has any additional information please do not hesitate to get in touch or post up.

Thinking about ways to share my information but don't know just at the minute, it's such a pain with what's allowed to be shown what's not I'm leaning more towards it could be more hassle than it's worth argument, also for very limited interested parties. Hmmm to ponder further.

Thanks anyway.

Damian

Offline MASSI

• Just got here
Great job you’re doing there with the database Damian and Andrew.  I’m 2nd owner of 224 and it’s now in Aberdeenshire.  Was registered in January 2017, air con and Pure White.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2024, 20:33 by MASSI »