Author Topic: Aftermarket Wheels  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Aftermarket Wheels
« Reply #20 on: 21 January 2021, 11:54 »
im going to hold off for a bit..... it does mean i'll have to endure black wheels for a bit longer but i'll wear a balaclava when driving so no-one recognises me!!  :grin:

I'm not a huge fan of black wheels but IMO they really don't look like black wheels at all. I'm sure another member wanted to buy some Adelaides so why not just get them sold to them?

With everything going on in the world currently, you've got a brand new car which looks fantastic and you are making it sound like someone is forcing you to drive around in a sh*tbox with wheel trims on. Seriously. Rant over.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 22 January 2021, 08:44 »
im going to hold off for a bit..... it does mean i'll have to endure black wheels for a bit longer but i'll wear a balaclava when driving so no-one recognises me!!  :grin:
With everything going on in the world currently, you've got a brand new car which looks fantastic and you are making it sound like someone is forcing you to drive around in a sh*tbox with wheel trims on. Seriously. Rant over.

excellent point; with everything going on in the world right now, at least im not out driving it with black wheels! ;-)
MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2021, 19:48 »
If the wheels mentioned on this thread are the 19” Adelaides, and you’re thinking of selling them on, then give me a shout as I could be interested :smiley:

Offline vwspursldn

• Just got here
« Reply #23 on: 28 January 2021, 06:47 »
Hi All, I’ve had a few golfs but just ordered my first GTI with the Richmond wheels. Initially I was happy with them but now I would like the Adelaides. If anyone is selling a set please let me know. Cheers.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 28 January 2021, 08:00 »
Hi All, I’ve had a few golfs but just ordered my first GTI with the Richmond wheels. Initially I was happy with them but now I would like the Adelaides. If anyone is selling a set please let me know. Cheers.

If you’ve only just ordered it and if it’s a factory order rather than an in-stock car, your car’s unlikely to have been allocated a confirmed build week yet, in which case you ought to be able to change your wheel choice without jeopardising your expected delivery date.

Worth speaking to your dealer.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl